White Glove Shipping & Transportation
Handling valuable high-tech equipment requires extreme care. That’s why SCI has invested in a fleet of air-ride padded and climate controlled trucks along with a team of highly trained, experienced and certified professionals. SCI is a market leader in white glove transportation, continuously exceeding clients’ expectations.
SCI White Glove Transportation Benefits Include:
- Coverage – the largest specialized delivery network in Canada with a dedicated technician-driver fleet covering more than 90% of the populated areas on SCI’s assets
- Dependable Expertise – SCI White Glove’s depth of expertise ensures the safe delivery and proper installation of high-value products. We conduct a pre-site inspection to identify the access points, sources of power, equipment requirements, etc., to minimize downtime on installation day
- Safe Transportation – SCI White Glove’s padded and climate controlled vehicles are provided with air-ride suspension to prevent damage to delicate high-tech equipment
- Precise Handling – Precise handling by highly trained and certified professionals is the promise that SCI White Glove makes to its clients. How do we deliver on the promise? A two-person crew with technical training, carrying specialized moving equipment and holding liability clearance will deliver your high-value product. Our crews have the ability to operate in a sensitive manner, often moving into tight or obstructed areas (basements, server rooms, etc.).
- Special equipment – Fridge carts, piano skids, 4-wheel dollies, hydraulic computer carts, automatic stair crawlers, etc. and, of course, moving pads and straps.
- Quality installation – SCI White Glove does a lot more than safely dropping off your product on-time; we:
- Unpack the high-tech equipment and disposes of the packaging or crating;
- Provide installation of the equipment and de-installation of the old equipment when needed;
- Set up, connects and tests the equipment, so when the crew leaves, it is up and running to your satisfaction
- Complete Traceability – As an SCI White Glove client, you may keep close tracking of your high-tech equipment in real time since our delivery crews are all provided with leading edge mobile technology allowing for:
- Bar code scanning and imaging
- Picture and signature capture
- GPS monitoring and GEO stamping in the field
- Customer checklist surveys
Added benefits of dealing with the SCI White Glove team include:
- 24/7 emergency service
- Monitored security 24 hours a day
At SCI, we encourage a very positive culture that goes above and beyond our clients’ needs and requirements. SCI White Glove certainly reflects that culture with its most sophisticated services, equipment, and with certified and very dedicated personnel.
If you require delivery and professional installation of high-tech equipment, SCI White Glove specialized freight services is here to help
Large, Fragile or Sensitive Equipment Transportation
SCI is a market leader in white glove shipping of high value products, and our technology clients highly recognize SCI’s specialization and unlimited expertise in this service. In the technology sector, white glove shipping involves the shipment of large, fragile, or sensitive equipment. Not only is the shipping component important, installation and removal are as well, which is why SCI’s end-to-end capabilities are incomparable in the industry. Products delivered by SCI White Glove’s High Value Product Transportation include but are not limited to servers, printers, scanners, kiosks and other high tech and valuable equipment. At SCI, high value product transportation comprises of unique shipments which require precise handling, and an expert team of highly skilled individuals to execute the delivery.
Our fleet of trucks and skilled drivers ensure expedited transportation across the country and into the United States. Enabled through our own White Glove network, the specialized fleet is equipped with handheld computers and cellular communications, as well as GPS tracking devices to monitor and advise the status of your shipments.
Some of the benefits of SCI’s White Glove High Value Product Transportation services include:
- Deployment planning and project management of your high value shipments
- Multi-person teams in the delivery process that ensure optimum efficiency and productivity
- Configuration centres across Canada in major cities to cater to our clients all over the nation
- Site inspections that are done prior to a delivery to evaluate the site and ensure the necessary moving equipment, site constraints/hazards, and resting place for equipment
- Moving gear and lifts that are used to deliver the equipment into the site
- Heavy rigging using cranes, skates and other rigging gear to lift into difficult to reach areas
- Installation, assembly, and removal support (de-installation, debris removal, etc.)
- Secure client portal for track & trace reporting
- Mobility solutions through barcode scanning, imaging, picture and signature capture, GPS monitoring and GEO stamping in the field, and customer checklist surveys
Through SCI White Glove’s safe and secure pick up, transport, delivery, installation and de-installation, shippers can effectively cater to their customers’ unique needs. SCI White Glove has the tools and expertise necessary to transport your high value products, which is why we are the favoured partner for our technology clients.
High-tech Same-Day Delivery Services
In a country the size of Canada, urgent same day delivery represents a huge challenge for most logistics companies, but not for SCI. We’re able to provide flexible sameday transportation solutions for our high-tech customers, and ensure that your shipments are able to reach their final Canadian destination on-time and in perfect condition. This is SCI’s promise to you.
How Does SCI Deliver On That Promise?
Our valued customers are in the driver’s seat. Just tell us when your product has to get to its destination – that could be “within the next hour” to “any time today”. SCI will propose the best solution depending on the destination.
Let us handle the delivery of your high priority items with one of the following options:
- SCI leverages its partner’s dedicated fleet network to give its customers cost effective transportation with the following added benefits:
- Speed – partnerships with Canada Post & Purolator provide access to 7,200 Pick-up & Drop-off sites, enabling SCI to reach 95% of the Canadian population in 24 hours or less
- Security – SCI captures the name and signature of the person accepting delivery and fully bonded, secure delivery vehicles & drivers are available
- Tracking – all drivers are equipped with mobile equipment (GPS tracking, phone, scanner, etc.)
- Delivery within a 30 to 60-minute period is often preferred when there is urgent need for a replacement part to remain operational, or documents requiring a signature, or any situation that a later delivery could potentially harm a business or result in loss of revenue
- SCI also provides options for delivery in 2 to 8 hours according to the SLA provision
- Direct drive service – from the starting point directly to destination with either FTL (full truck load) or LTL (less than a load)
- Next flight out service ensures that your equipment will be on the next aircraft bound for the city of delivery with priority freight status to eliminate the risks of bumping
Other SCI Same Day Delivery Options:
- Dedicated pick-up and delivery runs – your valuable product will not be transported with other products destined to other customers
- Insurance coverage of a minimum of $100,000 per shipment
- Direct induction into air carrier systems with on-ramp monitoring of aircraft loading
- Waterproof shipping containers with envopoly security locks to protect your equipment
When your shipments need to get to a destination and first thing tomorrow morning won’t cut it, contact SCI, the same day delivery experts. We’ll provide the best options for your specific situation.