Additional White Glove Service Solutions and Value Added Services
SCI’s value-added services truly complement our core “white glove” capabilities and help ensure that every aspect of the high value shipping solutions is covered. In addition, these unique specialized services help our clients’ businesses perform to the best of their abilities in the competitive marketplace.
High Quality Custom Shipment Crating
SCI’s clients trust us to safely move their product across Canada. In order to avoid unnecessary multiple handling and to maintain the integrity and security of the client’s product, SCI offers professional transportation crating services at all of our locations and provide the following:
- Custom carpentry work – built to order
- Optional built-in ramps for demo systems for easy roll on / off
- Same day service
Installation & Setup, Configuration & Service
Staging, configuration, installation and post sales services are available for high-tech products including computers, servers and hand held devices, point-of-sale (POS) systems and terminals, office equipment, such as copiers, printers and more. These services are conducted in SCI’s central configuration centre or in one of the 13 regional configuration centres located in major cities across Canada, including Vancouver, Calgary, Winnipeg, Toronto, and Montreal to name a few.
Logistics Configuration Center Services
- Provision of receipt; inventory and unpacking of equipment
- Installation of additional components
- Serial number verification
- Loading and configuring hardware and software per specifications
- Customization and preference setting
- Disconnecting and re-packing all equipment for delivery
- Technicians trained on specific OEM products and process
Field Logistics Installation Services
- On-site installation, including system checks, network connection and online start-up
- Cabling and assembly
- Functional tests
- Customer instruction and hand-over
- Removal and recycling of packaging
- Returns management and swap
Post Sales Service & Support
- Functional tests
- Data erasure
SCI recognizes the value and importance of offering management and assistance to our clients’ large scale programs, roll-outs and recoveries. SCI works closely with manufacturers and distributors of computer systems, photo imaging, medical equipment, and banking hardware to assist them with cost-effective solutions and transportation project management.
- Comprehensive evaluation of client’s needs with programs tailored specifically for the client
- Site surveys, evaluation and planning
- Delivery / removal scheduling
- Installation, de-installation and relocation
- Pre-staging and technical support on site and from SCI’s distribution facilities
- National service coverage
- Post job completion report with digital photos
- Consolidation of shipments to reduce time and costs to our clients
SCI team provides demo prep services on site or at any of its facilities across Canada. Our personnel cleans, disinfects, uploads software & imaging, assembles, tests, repairs, and provides Q&A for a multitude of clients in the medical equipment, computing, banking, office solutions and photo imaging industries. Once the demo products have been cleaned, a complete functional test is performed.
A quality control report is then issued to your office advising that the product is either ready for delivery to your next demonstration site, or that further technical tests are required. This service ensures that you’re presenting demonstration units in 100% working condition.
To learn more about these or other value added services SCI provides in conjunction to White Glove Transportation, please contact our White Glove specialists today.