We are looking for a candidate that is experienced in working in a warehouse environment, using Warehouse Management Systems (WMS), and manual or powered material handling equipment.
Position: Warehouse Labourer
Part Time – 20 hours per week with occasional possibility to work over 30 hours per week
Location: 71 Thornhill Drive, Unit 2, Dartmouth, NS
Reports To: Operations Team Lead
Shift: Monday to Friday – Variable hours
Facility hours : Monday to Friday, 8am-5pm
Wage : $14.00/ hour
- Free onsite parking
- Wage progression based on positive performance
- Performance Bonus – help the company meet and exceed its goals and share that success!
- Recognition and rewards for successful Continuous Improvement suggestions
- On the job training and certification
- Group Benefit and Pension program as well as Group Insurance offering
- Exclusive access to discounts and offers through Perkopolis and Goodlife
Your New Role:
- Responsible for completing order/ work assignments within the area of forward logistics, reverses logistics, and warehouse operations.
- Operate manual material handling equipment, pack material and prepare related documents used in tracking material movements manually and through the Warehouse Management System (WMS).
- Receives and sorts used and defective items returned for reconditioning or scrap salvage
- Loads and unloads cargo on transport trucks
- Maintains files and records in a neat and orderly fashion
- Releasing and processing outbound parts orders
What Would Make You Stand Out:
- Warehouse labourers are Safety 1st ambassadors, committed to safe work practices and the appropriate use of safety equipment.
- SAP system and other WMS knowledge an asset
- Experience with powered MHE (i.e. Forklift) and asset
- Accurate, thorough, and reliable in tasks and attendance
- Promotes teamwork and cooperation
- Results oriented and pursues goals with commitment
- Demonstrates a positive attitude with effective communication skills
- Demonstrates a sense of urgency and responds rapidly to customer requests
Progistix is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates with disabilities taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
We thank all candidates for applying, however, only successful candidates will be contacted for an interview