Role: The Senior Analyst, Infrastructure is a vital role in our IT Infrastructure and Operations group. Reporting to the Director, Infrastructure and Operations, this role is responsible for the implementation, support and management of the Microsoft environment. The Senior Analyst is responsible for the day-to-day network operations and maintenance to minimize system downtime and maximize productivity
Job Description :
- Participate in the design and implementation of IT infrastructure initiatives for the business group
- Build and manage network and access environments at business sites in collaboration with solution teams
- Day to day administration, monitoring and support of server, storage and network environments as well as after hours on call support to deal with issues as they arise
- Contribute to and participate in continuous improvement initiatives
Solid knowledge and strong work experience with the following technologies to provide day to day administration of:
- Windows server versions 2008, 2012, and 2016
- Microsoft SQL Server 2012
- Barracuda Web proxy
- VMWare virtualized 5.5 , 6.5
- Citrix XenApp (6.5, 7.5)
- CommVault Backup (11.0)
- Data Centre facility management such as power, rack, space and cabling
- Aruba Wireless network and management tools
- HP 3PAR storage systems with NAS and FC SAN
- Cisco Nexus and Catalyst switches and ISR G2 routers
- Security appliance and all included Security software
- Avaya IP office, Avaya 1X portal and IP contect center (10.0)
- Network and System Management solutions
- Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Business or the equivalent, combined with directly related, extensive experience in production control, server technology, network and desktop services. Experience with ITIL methodology (incident, change and problem management).
- 6+ years of experience in Network Administration & Operations and/or Information Systems. Extensive knowledge of HP servers; experience working with Cisco switches and routers.
- Strong leadership skills; demonstrated ability to plan, prioritize and direct technical staff; managing third party service providers preferred.
- Windows 2003/2008 server, workstation, and networking experience in a complex, multi-vendor environment.
- Hands-on experience with – Windows operating system environments, Citrix, VMware and Windows 2008/2012/2016 certification (MCSE) desired.
- Experience with network security with Windows 2008/2012/2016 and Cisco devices.
- Ability to work independently or as part of a small team on multiple projects while meeting deadline demands.
- Ability to translate and present technical information in a clear and compelling manner (written and verbal to stakeholders); is transparent, clear and objective in presenting information.
- Ability to isolate and define problem areas clearly and define a resolution path.
SCI is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates with disabilities taking part in all aspects of the selection process. To request accommodation please contact416 401 3011 ext 3063.
We thank all candidates for applying, however, only successful candidates will be contacted for an interview.