Role: This “hands on” role will interface with SCI Groups business areas, its managers and system users to define, design, implement, train, provide on-going support to the systems enabling SCI’s key business processes. Under the direction of the Manager, Contract Logistics Applications, this position will work closely with an extended cross functional team of technical and operations subject matter experts and managers.
As an Application Architect you will be Responsible for the development, implementation and on-going management of an integrated customer solutions strategy. The ability to develop, implement and on-going management of customer specific solutions, while balancing client relationship, SCI management expectations, internal customer’s needs and internal and external supplier capabilities. The goal is to optimize operating costs, achieve saving while provide superior customer service through the development and deployment of a customer solution, using best practices and industry expertise to provide a solution that meets our customer’s requirements.
Job Description :
- Understand key client needs and provide solutions with compelling value propositions that align with SCI’s capabilities
- Deliver innovative business consulting, business process design, systems integration and application design.
- Coordinate with internal and external resources to complete detailed design and costing of proposed solutions
- Leading the development and documentation of the technical requirements and Application Architecture.
- Developing the Architecture roadmap that integrates all solutions across various businesses.
- Leading the identification and resolution of gaps and inconsistencies
- Planning (Feasibility studies, estimates, project inter-dependencies and schedules where required), Establish guidelines to monitor and recommend improvements to the current system.
- Initiate project activities to optimize or enhance enterprise services architecture offerings Leverage internal resources and external technology alliance partners to architect and integrate technology and services components that will be required as a part of the solution. Obtain pricing, specification, performance and delivery information.
- Accountable for successful execution, as the solution is implemented and the solution transitions to regular operations. Accountable from startup phase until successful hand off to operations is completed.
- Guide team through problem definition, issue identification and work plan development using problem solving principles and past experience
- Coach and mentor other team members and conduct knowledge sharing activities
- Responsible for planning an approach for defining, documenting, categorizing, and packaging requirements for projects and initiatives.
- Liaise with business management, IT management, vendors and partners in project related matters as well as lead discussion on strategic direction and best fit alternatives or to align IT plans with Business strategic plans. Conduct meetings and data discovery sessions. Provide subject matter expertise for internal & external auditors, programmers, consultants, vendors and business analysts.
- Provide direction through leadership and decision making to team members/management in matters related to system products, design development strategy, estimates, options, alternative approaches, impacts of decisions, procedures, costs benefit analysis, cost effective solutions and critical paths for projects.
- Keep abreast of current trends, practices and technological developments related to the field of 3PL and related SaaS solutions, Knowledge management, Business Intelligence and Business Process Measurement.
- Demonstrate a leadership role with teams directing the development of standards and guidelines within their area of expertise.
- Makes presentations to all levels of management (Directors, Vice-Presidents, Users, Partners and Outside vendors).
- Interacting with our clients’ counterpart and internal teams to solicit system-level technical requirements and resolve technical issues.
- Advanced knowledge and ability to configure and support a variety of software applications through use of SDLC practices and troubleshooting,
- Advanced ability to research and analyze current and new technologies to make recommendations that meet the changing needs of our business, Assist in the development of business requirements documents templates, test scripts / test scenarios, business processes and procedures, work instructions, and other detailed user related and support documentation to support standard configuration
- Identify and drive opportunities for business process improvements and redesign either in existing systems or by adopting new functionalities available in other systems, while demonstrating project and program management leadership.
Ensures adherence to established change management processes.
This position will be required to participate in on-call and after-hour support
- 10 years’ experience implementing /supporting SAP-WM in diverse environments e.g. Configuration of WM – Bin and Storage locations, Movement types, Picking and Putaway strategies, Serialization, Batch management etc. Preference given to additional SD configuration experience in SAP Transportation Management.
- Good understanding of SAP problem solving approach (logs, dumps, OSS notes, etc.)
- Has performed data migration activities (e.g. LSMW for inventory loads)
- Integration experience with 3rd party systems using HTML, EDI, Webservices etc.
- Strong Knowledge of Radio Frequency (Functional) systems with the ability to design custom WM RF transactions.
- Good understanding of test strategies, test planning and test methodologies
- Advance knowledge of Microsoft Office products (Outlook, Word, Excel, Power Point and Visio)
- knowledge of third party Bar Code systems (e.g. Loftware, Bar Tender)
- Certified in one or more module of SAP, especially in eWM, WM or SD.
- Certified Business Analyst Professional (CBAP) Certification
- Certified Supply Chain Professional (CSCP)
- Certified in Production and Inventory Management (CPIM)
- Experience with automated testing tools and BPM tools
- Proficiency with flowcharting and other workflow modeling tools
- Project Management experience, with a demonstrated ability to deliver projects and tasks on-time
SCI is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates with disabilities taking part in all aspects of the selection process. To request accommodation please contact613-738-2218 ext 4330.
We thank all candidates for applying, however, only successful candidates will be contacted for an interview.