Role: The Procurement Manager is responsible for leading assigned procurement and purchasing activities to support the best purchase decisions for SCI. The ideal candidate will be an energetic and self-motivated individual who is capable of developing relationships with internal stakeholders and relevant 3rd parties and realize cost of service improvements in our business. The Procurement Manager will focus their efforts in the following areas:
- Supports the business and provides value to the organization by identifying and driving procurement activities for the company including:
- Leads, plans, executes, implements and monitors procurement related projects in conjunction with SCI Policy and Procedures
- Plans, schedules, and manages project timelines, dependencies, and milestones through the use of a project plan
- Assemble and coordinate project team
- Prioritize and delegate project tasks, providing timely direction and support to project team on as needed basis.
- Perform various project reports and communications (ie. weekly status updates)
- Selection of target vendors / commodities for procurement activities or reviews sourcing approval requests submitted by departments and determines suitable actions in conjunction with Director, Procurement and Contract Management.
- Leads working sessions with internal stakeholders (corporate resources, solutions, site directors) to determine needs analysis related to each procurement project.
- Working with and supporting the Director of Procurement participate in the negotiation of the final vendor contract.
- (Re)Negotiates costs, performance levels and warranties with vendors of assigned commodities
- Monitor, manage and improve the various tools used to support Procurement within the company; specifically:
- SAP including approval work flows, material numbers, info records, contracts
- Sharepoint for sourcing approvals and new vendor set ups.
- Preferred vendor listings
- RFx templates
· Establish and maintain positive working relationships with preferred vendors ensuring that:
o Performance and pricing is within contractual terms
o New products/services/solutions are understood and presented to operations for potential adoption
o With operations/client managers, work with clients to integrate new products/services/solutions into new or existing operations
o Prepare for and conduct regular business reviews with assigned vendor partners
· Ensures that all contract administration procedures are followed and executed in a professional manner
- A Bachelors degree in business or related field
- Experience in relevant background and business exposure (Logistics is considered an asset).
- 3-5 years of procurement/ project management experience
- Negotiation, analysis and problem solving, organization and follow-through, handling multiple projects of high financial impact and/or complexity, sense of urgency, communication team orientation
- Effective organizational and communication skills to deliver up to-date and accurate information to all areas
- Excellent skills in MS Office Suite
- Strong analytical skills; ability to manage, interpret and prepare data for reporting
- Working towards PMP certification an asset
- Working towards SCMP designation an asset
SCI is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates with disabilities taking part in all aspects of the selection process. To request accommodation please contact 613-738-2218 ext 4330.
We thank all candidates for applying, however, only successful candidates will be contacted for an interview.