Role: The Operations Manager will lead all operation functions including inbound, selection, outbound, and administrative functions for the facility.In addition to meeting operational metrics and KPI’s, this strong people manager will establish and drive consistency specific to communication practices,work structures and systems (training, performance management, coaching etc.) as well as lead in the SCI way.
- Provide a safe, secure, clean and fair work environment.
- Coach and develop Team Leaders and Ops support to create a high performing, client focused work environment.
- Manage performance reviews, development and succession planning.
- Ensure site operates to the routines outlined, to the standard operating procedures and is compliant with legislative requirements.
- Ensure company policies are communicated, administered and enforced.
- Monitor service levels to ensure that performance meets customer, vendor, and parent company contractual requirements.
- Partake in site workload planning and forecasting.
- Achievement of operational performance requirements, KPI’s, workshop and project metrics as defined by the customer contract, internal metrics
- Achievement of Financial, Service and Operational budgets
- Adhere to SCI Transportations Quality Principles and Account specific Standard Operating Procedures
- Use of SAP, RF technology, automation and other related systems
- Executes on CI / Get Lean initiatives to ensure attainment of business plan for growth and profit.
- Other duties as required
- Minimum 3- 5 years’ managerial experience in a high volume 3PL environment managing and developing high performance teams
- Demonstrated ability to execute results against strategy and meet critical deadlines
- Ability to effectively communicate, both oral and written, and interface with peers as well as executive level management
- Strong computer skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint
- Extensive WMS/SAP experience preferably in an RF environment
- A hands on management approach that encourages change and creative problem solving
- Proven problem solving and decision making skills
- Proven ability to create, manage and maintain strong customer relationships
- Very organized individual capable of multi-tasking and remaining calm under stressful circumstances
- Flexible with scheduling to meet the needs of the business
- High energy, self-motivated with self-confidence