Role: The Organizational Development and Employee Relations Specialist works as a subject matter expert in Employee Relations. This role is accountable for all key Employee Relations strategies including driving employee engagement and developmental programs. This role will collaborate with Operations to drive, develop, manage and execute comprehensive employee relations strategies in support of the facility’s goals and targets.
- Designs, develops, manages, and measures employee relations and engagement initiatives that will contribute to a positive employee experience
- Research, designs and recommends strategies to increase employee engagement
- Develops and executes employee relation policies, practices and programs that fully support the business objectives
- Researches and recommends initiatives to enhance employee relationships, recognition and rewards.
- Provides internal consultancy to Human Resources and Operations managers and acts as the internal Employee Relations subject matter expert.
- Ensures Employee Engagement Surveys are implemented annually. Advise and guide Employee Engagement end users (Human Resources, Operations Managers) in the interpretation and follow-up of Engagement surveys. Ensure an annual review of all Employee Engagement processes, design/prepare training for all key Engagement users.
- 3-5 years providing human resources business partnering leadership in a complex environment
- 3-5 years providing strategic employee relations/labour relations leadership and organizational development in a supply chain/logistics environment
- University Degree in an Industrial Relations/Human Resources or a combination of University Degree and other related post-secondary education in Human Resources
- Strong knowledge and expertise with employee relations promoting positive employee relations/pro-engagement culture
- Ability to work effectively in high-pressure situations that require sound decision making and may involve confidential or sensitive matters
- Excellent interpersonal, leadership, and management skills and high professional standards for customer service and work quality
- Excellent problem-solving, critical thinking, deductive reasoning, inductive reasoning, and analytical skills
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills, including the ability to communicate effectively verbally or through written documents.
- Utilizes decision making skills to achieve specific organizational objectives with consideration given to their impact on other work groups.
- Display willingness to make decisions, exhibit sound and accurate judgment, and make timely decisions
- Proficient with Microsoft Office
SCI is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates with disabilities taking part in all aspects of the selection process. To request accommodation please contact416 401 3011 ext 3063.
We thank all candidates for applying, however, only successful candidates will be contacted for an interview.