Role: The Continuous Improvement Project Manager is an onsite partner supporting the Lean Continuous Improvement initiative deployment, sustainment and education of Lean. Responsible for the execution of Lean continuous improvement initiatives by ensuring results are captured, completed and monitored for aging. Assists with posting visual displays and generating metrics to support the site’s Lean program. Assist with Kaizen events to improve processes and deepen team member understanding of Lean. Assists with GEMBA walks and makes improvement recommendations.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITY AREAS INCLUDE:
- Prioritize and implement schedules for assigned projects using appropriate planning methods and facilitate project implementation.
- Lead cost reduction and process improvement activities for process and cycle time, set up time, reduction of Non-value added time utilizing alternative tools, optimization of material movement, handling and value added use of floor space
- Assists with capturing, compiling and making GEMBA walk information actionable
- Provide tactical coaching on Lean Methodology and Continuous Improvement Techniques (Analytical Thinking)
- Serve as a facilitator and coach for 5S and Lean Teams during Kaizen events and follow up to operations in sustaining improvements
- Assists with the completion of Quarterly Lean GAP Assessments
- Engages with all levels of Operations to assist in identifying waste and executing to eliminate waste
- Lead and participate in investigations and problem solving activities
- Train/coach operations on basic problem solving tools such as 5 Why, Fishbone, FMEA and TAKT Time
- Ensures front line managers are completing all tasks necessary to enable their teams to meet and exceed department goals
- Modify designs to correct operating deficiencies or to reduce production problems.
- Analyze and plan work force utilization, space requirements, workflow, design layout of equipment and workspace for max efficiency
- Identify and eliminate root causes and provide leadership in the development and implementation of new techniques to reduce cost, improve quality and increase safety
- Support organizational goals and objectives, operational projects and strategic initiatives
- Develop and maintain Standardized Work documents and SOPs
- Assists with CI metrics, tracking the progress, milestones, savings, and other key aspects of projects that are activities on a regular basis
The successful candidate will have a minimum of 10 years’ work experience in a logistics/warehousing/distribution and/or manufacturing environment. The candidate will have a minimum of 5 years’ experience as a hands on Continuous Improvement Leader, Lean Six Sigma Leader, Lean Leader; leading continuous improvement initiatives, coaching/training on lean and executing projects.
- Exceptional communication skills, both verbal and written, problem solving and analytical skills
- Knowledge and experience with World Class Manufacturing/operations, Lean principles and Kaizen facilitation
- Completed a minimum of 20 Kaizen facilitation sessions with sustainable results
- Strong leadership skills, experience working in a union/ non-union environments, ability to learn and apply new concepts and overcome obstacles while influencing change
- Ability to work with and influence others in a fast paced environment with early start times as required
- Leading investigation and expertise knowledge on Root cause analysis tools (5 Whys, Fishbone, fault tree analysis, etc.)
- Project Management, continuous improvement and Lean Six Sigma experience
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft MS Office, MS Project etc.
- Lean implementation, Lean Six Sigma Black Belt, Lean Six Sigma Green belt experience/certification preferred
- Candidates with experience in Quality, Industrial Engineering or process improvement methodology will also be considered
- Time management skills are required, as well as the ability to handle multiple deadlines
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or relevant field from an accredited University preferred
- Valid Driver’s License is required as this position requires travel between sites
- French second language is an asset but not required
SCI is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates with disabilities taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
We thank all candidates for applying, however, only successful candidates will be contacted for an interview.