Role: The Human Resources Generalist is responsible for the day to day administration of support of operations within our facility in Mississauga. This role will be responsible for carrying out several tasks related to Human Resources, providing operational support to the following areas: recruitment and selection, employee onboarding, health & safety, disability management, payroll verification, HR analytics and employee and relations.
- Coordinates and leads the processing of bi-weekly payroll
- Coordinates and lead the full-cycle recruitment process, including: drafting job postings, identifying recruitment strategies, advertising, screening, creating interview guides, scheduling and conducting interviews, extending offers, coordinating reference and criminal record checks
- General HR administrative responsibilities, including: employee correspondence, generating monthly/ annual reports, HR analytics, etc.
- Supports the administration of various HR programs, including: the Attendance Awareness Program and Performance Management Program
- Supports the Disability Management program, including: workplace injury claims (WSIB) process, short-term disability (STD) process, long-term disability (LTD) process and workplace accommodation cases.
- Supports JHSC and Health & Safety programs and Health & Safety reporting
- Facilitates the onboarding process for new employees, including: arrival preparation and first-day orientations
- Drives positive employee relations and inquiries
- Provides information to employees to enhance their understanding of benefits, pension, payroll, and other HR policies and procedures.
- Processes documentation and accurate records maintenance and filing
- Participates in developing department goals, objectives and systems
- Monitors the performance evaluation program
- Maintains compliance with federal and state regulations concerning employment
- Performs other related duties as required and assigned