Shift: Monday to Friday 9:30 AM to 5:30 PM (flexibility based on the needs of the business (night/weekends)
Key Responsibilities include:
- Ensure compliance by the company to OHS laws, regulations and standards and the application of these in the organization
- Collect all incident, accident and near miss reports and participate in incident investigations. Interacts with government officials (MOL, Fire Department, etc.).
- Analyze all H&S reports to determine areas of improvement and trends
- Oversee all workers compensations claims in conjunction with third party claims management company
- Manage all return to work plans and modified work agreements
- Provide advice and guidance to managers/team leaders to return injured employees (as soon as possible) to productive work following an injury
- Communicate with temporary worker representatives about H&S accidents/investigations and orientation training sign off
- Conduct Job Hazard Assessments and Physical Demands Analysis as needed
- Complete monthly Steel Storage Racking Inspections
- Maintain all Fire Safety Plans and responsible for organizing and conducting all emergency drills and evacuations.
- Lead/participate/coach the Joint Health and Safety Committee; prepare for monthly meetings, ensure members are completing inspections; record all violations from inspections and follow up on action items with management
- Complete New Hire Health and Safety Orientation with all employees
- Participate in corporate H&S audits upon request and provide input on improvement opportunities and implement corrective actions identified in audits.
- Distribute safety talks and ensure all employees have completed the training and update Safety Talks matrix
- Maintain master training matrix, ensure all required training is completed
- Maintain MSDS binder as required to meet compliance expectations
- Maintain First Aid Room and Personal Protective Equipment supplies
- Maintain Health and Safety communication boards as needed
- Post-secondary education in Occupational Health and Safety or related field with 3 to 5 years H&S experience.
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of the workers’ compensation legislation.
- Proficient in MS Office including Outlook, Word and Excel.
- Must be extremely organized and a self-starter including strong communication skills (both verbal and written).
- Strong interpersonal and trouble-shooting skills; deals with conflict effectively.
- Must be a strong multi-tasker and must excel at coping with conflicting priorities and deadlines.
- Must be a highly motivated, service and team-oriented individual with a high attention to detail.
- Enthusiasm for challenge and new initiatives are prerequisites.
SCI is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates with disabilities taking part in all aspects of the selection process. To request accommodation please contact 416 401 3011 ext 3063.
We thank all candidates for applying, however, only successful candidates will be contacted for an interview.