The Operations Support Coordinator will be a valuable member in contributing to SCI’s future. Supporting the Operations Manager, this individual will use their strong planning, organization, and analytical skills to ensure daily Service Level Agreements (SLA’s) are met. This role will also involve overseeing the completion of special projects, communicating with clients, and leading daily/weekly operational calls. The successful candidate must be available to work flexible hours, and participate in picking, shipping, and receiving processes when required. Lastly, as a member of our core team, the right person for the role will be a leading example of our culture.
What success looks like?
- Your business partners are excited to collaborate with you! You support one another as a team and work together, leveraging everyone’s strengths.
- You are depended on to see your commitments through and with good intentions.
- The duties and tasks supported by your role continuously improve with increased quality and fast speed to market.
- You will oversee all transfer shipments, including responsibility for order entry, accuracy validation, and arrangement of transportation.
- Communicate directly with clients to improve on current processes and build better customer experiences.
- Participate in all administrative and operational functions as directed by the Operations Manager, including maintaining and organizing records.
- You will participate actively in continuous improvement (CI) initiatives.
- Schedule, review, and approve time sheets in Kronos in an efficient manner.
- You will mentor and coach team members to support their personal and professional development.
- Encourage open and clear communication between office and warehouse team members.
- You will assist the Operations Manager in developing staffing plans.
- You will collaborate with Client, Office, and Warehouse teams to resolve customer service tickets within the required SLA.
What you bring to the role:
- Previous experience in a fast-paced environment, preferably in third party logistics (3PL)
- Good working knowledge of Warehouse Management Systems in a Radio-Frequency (RF) environment.
- Experience using SAP is an asset.
- You work through problems logically with a solutions-focused approach.
- You are an initiative-taker, who thinks proactively to continuously improve operations.
- You uphold yourself to the highest ethical standards in all activities undertaken.
- You are an extremely organized individual capable of multi-tasking in dynamic environments.
- When making decisions, you consider everyone and engage those who can add value to the process.
- You are adaptable in your approach and prioritize with focus on what adds value to the client.
- You have excellent PC skills, including Microsoft Access, Excel, and Word.
Who you are:
- You have the courage to think differently about how things get done to continuously improve and deliver even better results every day.
- The safety, health, and well-being of yourself and your team, is your first priority.
- Providing exceptional service is your passion.
- You uphold your commitments and make decisions with everyone in mind.
- You are energized by collaborating in a team environment, and enjoy supporting others to find success
- You embrace new things, are open to different perspectives, and adapt quickly to an evolving environment.
- You have excellent verbal and written communication skills, and are capable of working effectively with all levels of an organization, from warehouse team members to senior management.
- You maintain focus, an open mind, and a positive perspective in times of change.
You have an energetic attitude and strive to celebrate personal and team achievements every day.