At SCI our people make us even better, which is why we want you to be a part of our fast growing organization. SCI recognizes that having a great team is the key to success, which is why we attract and retain the right people with an employee experience that focuses on building trust, embracing change, and achieving our goals together. Any one of our 3000 industry experts will tell you that we take on some of Canada’s toughest service and logistic challenges in specialized transportation, technical services, and supply chain management. For 30 years, our proficient planning and flexible solutions have brought us top tier clients. With clear focus, operational excellence, and future growth at the core of our operation, we apply out-of-the-box thinking to deliver exceptional experiences that take our clients to the next level. Are you ready for your next challenge?
The HR Data Entry Clerk will be a valuable member in contributing to SCI’s future. Supporting our Senior Payroll Specialists, this individual will support our Human Resources Department by performing daily data entry operations including new hire setup, accurate entry of all data transactions, validation and processing of terminations, and maintaining data integrity. The successful candidate for this position will have a strong organization, multi-tasking and prioritization skills, as well as a high attention to detail. Lastly, as a member of our core team, the right person for the role will be a leading example of our culture.
What success looks like:
- Your business partners are excited to collaborate with you! You support one another as a team and work together, leveraging everyone’s strengths.
- You are depended on to see your commitments through and with good intentions.
- The duties and tasks supported by your role continuously improve with increased quality and fast speed to market.
- Ensure new hires are accurately setup in SAP, as well as enter updates/changes to employees’ master file records.
- You will manage timelines to ensure all transactions are processed according to correct pay period requirements and guidelines.
- Validate all change requests for accurate information and approval.
- You will ensure data integrity by assisting with audits as required.
- Validate termination information and process terminations in the system.
- Assist with other administrative tasks as required, such as filing.
- You will work closely with Payroll, Total Rewards and HRIS, as well as interact with other internal clients.
What you bring to the role:
- Diploma or certificate in Human Resources, Business Administration or equivalent combination of education and experience (is an asset).
- Experience in data entry.
- You have a strong ability to organize, multi-task, and prioritize.
- You understand how to navigate internal systems for information, and escalate matters when appropriate.
- When making decisions, you consider everyone and engage those who can add value to the process.
- You are adaptable in your approach and prioritize with focus on what adds value to the client.
- Proficient computer skills in MS Office Suite; SAP experience is an asset
Who you are:
- You have the courage to think differently about how things get done to continuously improve and deliver even better results every day.
- The safety, health, and well-being of yourself and your team, is your first priority.
- Providing exceptional service is your passion.
- You uphold your commitments and make decisions with everyone in mind.
- You are energized by collaborating in a team environment, and enjoy supporting others to find success.
- You embrace new things, are open to different perspectives, and adapt quickly to an evolving environment.
- You are eager to learn, grow and think differently to make a difference at SCI.
- You have strong internal and external customer service skills with the ability to work and communicate effectively at all levels of an organization.
- You participate in a meaningful way that adds value to our company goals.
- You have a high attention to detail in addition to strong problem-solving and decision-making skills.
Working at SCI:
First and foremost, at SCI, we are committed to creating a safe and healthy work environment, which is why we support our people with programs that serve the health and wellness of everyone. We also recognize that business moves quickly, and we strongly believe that success in our fast-paced environment is defined by the achievements of all our employees. We pride ourselves in the collaborative approach we apply to our work, and with a flat organizational structure, each employee at SCI is empowered to make a difference every day. Our people find success through their desire to discover new strengths, learn new skills, and gain unique experiences. With a balanced compensation portfolio, we encourage our people to lead with agility and strive for excellence.
SCI is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates with disabilities taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
We thank all candidates for applying, however, only successful candidates will be contacted for an interview.