We are seeking an Enhanced Technical Services Supervisor to oversee the daily activities of the technical support team. This involves the helpdesk tier-1 and a robust and empowered tier-2 technical support team that will take ownership for the end-user experience, all client technology (deployment, configuration, and maintenance) for both ongoing support, but also in support of project/initiative implementations.
The Supervisor will provide key input into the evaluation and adoption of client technology, and will be responsible for coordination of activates between engineering, Identify Management, Developers, and Security, related to end-user support and technology implementations impacting the user experience.
• Developing, mentoring, and supervising employees in a fast-paced environment.
• Dealing with a constantly changing environment where day to day priorities change.
• Learning new processes, technologies, areas of the business, etc. quickly to solve complex business problems.
• Establish and maintain constructive relationships with key stakeholders throughout the organization
In this position you will have the following responsibilities:
• Provide leadership and facilitate collaboration with individuals and teams on behalf of the end-user to resolve problems, improve efficiency or effectiveness, or deliver new solutions to the end user.
• Provide leadership and facilitate first line engineering support for problem resolution across all server platforms and infrastructure during day time operational hours. Ensure support tickets are handled efficiently to support the end user and business requirements.
• Serve as coach, facilitator and/or negotiate in coordinating team initiatives and in consensus building activities among team members. Coordinate the help desk team members in their daily duties and instill a culture of strong customer service.
• Plan, schedule, assign, direct and review the work of others on daily or weekly basis.
• Ensure service level agreements are met for all customer service response activities while maintaining full compliance with operational standards, procedures and best practices.
• Assist with analysis and monitoring of performance metrics across the entire infrastructure, proactively seeking ways to improve overall availability and responsiveness of core systems and applications.
• Adhere to all policies and procedures for maintaining security and compliance standards across all platforms.
• Resolve simple, informal complaints of team members and refer others to the Support Services Manager or other leadership as appropriate.
Required qualifications for this position include:
• High School Diploma or GED
• At least 7 years of Technical experience supporting user community and client technology
• At least 3-5 years of supervising experience.
• At least 3-5 years of POS and repairs experience.
• Expertise in MS office.
• Ability to multitask, provide reports on productivity, efficiencies, improvements, supporting team on a technical level.
• Broad technical understanding of IS systems and their interdependencies, including PCs, servers, voice communications, messaging, LANs, WANs, Inter/Intranet, and monitoring and management tools.
• Demonstrated ability to work effectively with and direct technical analysts, technicians, system administrators and technical project managers.
• Professional level communication and presentation skills to effectively conduct productive technical and non-technical meetings and briefings with colleagues, vendors, organizational leaders and executive level attendees.
• Demonstrated ability to process information accurately, quickly, and thoroughly.
• Demonstrated ability to understand customer needs and deliver services to meet their needs.
• Demonstrated ability to communicate at an interpersonal and technical level, both verbally and in writing.
• Demonstrated ability to visualize, negotiate, motivate, and move ideas from concept to reality.
• Demonstrated ability to provide responsive leadership, delegate, coordinate, and motivate staff.
• Demonstrated ability to apply sound trouble-shooting methods to isolate problems and assist engineers with identify the root cause of complex problems impacting the user community and technology they utilize.
• Demonstrated ability to develop, implement, and document operational procedures in a technical environment.
• Personal computer and associated peripheral computer equipment
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Business, Information Services Management, or related field