At SCI our people make us even better, which is why we want you to be a part of our fast growing organization. SCI recognizes that having a great team is the key to success, which is why we attract and retain the right people with an employee experience that focuses on building trust, embracing change, and achieving our goals together. Any one of our 3000 industry experts will tell you that we take on some of Canada’s toughest service and logistic challenges in specialized transportation, technical services, and supply chain management. For 30 years, our proficient planning and flexible solutions have brought us top tier clients. With clear focus, operational excellence, and future growth at the core of our operation, we apply out-of-the-box thinking to deliver exceptional experiences that take our clients to the next level. Are you ready for your next challenge?
The Quality Specialist will be a valuable member in contributing to SCI’s future. Supporting the Director of Quality Assurance, this individual will develop, establish, and maintain Quality Management Systems (QMS) and practices that meet customer and regulatory requirements. Working autonomously, the Quality Specialist will investigate, analyze and report regulatory/customer/compliance activities to management, as well as participate in customer/regulatory body audits. Furthermore, this role will require the individual to provide Quality Systems training and support the awareness, visibility, and communication of quality initiatives to all areas of the organization. Lastly, as a member of our core team, the right person for the role will be a leading example of our culture.
What success looks like:
- Your business partners are excited to collaborate with you! You support one another as a team and work together, leveraging everyone’s strengths.
- You are depended on to see your commitments through and with good intentions.
- The duties and tasks supported by your role continuously improve with increased quality and fast speed to market.
- You will implement systems and procedures that ensure compliance with quality standards based on the interpretation of Canadian regulations/guidelines/ standards and customer requirements.
- Assist in product releases based on customer requirements.
- Actively participate in second party agency (customers’ agencies) and third party regulatory body audits (e.g., Notified Body, Health Canada).
- Conduct internal and supplier audits, as required, in support of Quality System requirements and the supplier evaluation process.
- You will participate in project meetings and CAPA/NCR/complaints reviews representing quality as assigned.
- Actively participate in continuous improvement activities, corrective action planning, and customer satisfaction initiatives as assigned.
- Create, update and maintain procedures and any other documentation for assigned Quality Systems processes.
- You will establish and maintain trend and report data/metrics for assigned Quality Systems processes.
- Review non-conformance reports, such as Customer Complaints, Non-Conformance Reports (NCR), deviations, corrective/preventative action (CAPA) or Supplier Corrective Action Reports (SCAR).
- You will assess the impact of new regulations on current practices, as well as prepare, review and approve protocols to justify process changes.
- Support sampling and site retention programs per client/customer instructions on site.
- Support training activities of Quality System requirements and ensure site compliance to all quality training requirements.
- Support client requests for compliance information required for their site Establishment Licenses and/or Audit requirements.
- Maintain tracking logs for all required quality systems.
- Provide accurate compliance input on quality agreements of MSA requirements.
- Develop and manage quality KPIs/dashboards.
- Observe Quality Policy, Quality Manual and Quality System Procedure requirements.
- You will work closely with personnel from functional groups, including, but not limited to, Engineering, Operations, Customer Service, Marketing, and Purchasing to provide training and guidance in managing quality activities related to their functional areas.
- You will inform the Director of Quality Assurance of all progress and issues.
- You will act as back up to other site Quality Specialist(s).
What you bring to the role:
- Bachelor of Science relevant to the role.
- Diploma from a Quality Assurance/Regulatory Affairs program and/or relevant ASQ Certifications would be an asset.
- 3-5 years of experience in a similar role.
- Experience working with Natural Health Products/pharmaceuticals/ medical devices in warehousing/logistics industry would be an asset.
- Working knowledge of Food and Drug Act for food, cosmetics, medical devices, natural health products, and pharmaceuticals, as well as certified standards and applicable quality system regulations, including, but not limited to, ISO 13485 Quality Management System Standard, Canadian Medical Device Regulations and other international regulations/standards/guidelines as applicable.
- You apply critical thinking and analytical skills when problem solving.
- You operate with integrity to do what is right for the team and the business as a whole.
- You take personal ownership over your decisions, actions, and outcomes.
- You support the Company’s mission, vision, values, standards, policies and procedures, operating instructions, confidentiality standards, and the code of ethical behaviour.
- When making decisions, you consider everyone and engage those who can add value to the process.
- You are adaptable in your approach and prioritize with focus on what adds value to the client.
- You are proficient in Microsoft Office applications.
- Comfortable with and able to lift products of 50lbs+.
Who you are:
- You have the courage to think differently about how things get done to continuously improve and deliver even better results every day.
- The safety, health, and well-being of yourself and your team, is your first priority.
- Providing exceptional service is your passion.
- You uphold your commitments and make decisions with everyone in mind.
- You are energized by collaborating in a team environment, and enjoy supporting others to find success.
- You embrace new things, are open to different perspectives, and adapt quickly to an evolving environment.
- You have a demonstrated ability to work successfully both independently and in a team environment.
- You are able to interact with peers, subordinates and senior personnel in multidisciplinary environments, including engineering and facility operations.
- You maintain focus and productivity under pressure to meet deadlines and changing priorities.
- You have strong organizational and planning skills, and hold yourself accountable to deliver your commitments on time, in scope and with quality.
- You have strong verbal and written communication skills.
Working at SCI:
First and foremost, at SCI, we are committed to creating a safe and healthy work environment, which is why we support our people with programs that serve the health and wellness of everyone. We also recognize that business moves quickly, and we strongly believe that success in our fast-paced environment is defined by the achievements of all our employees. We pride ourselves in the collaborative approach we apply to our work, and with a flat organizational structure, each employee at SCI is empowered to make a difference every day. Our people find success through their desire to discover new strengths, learn new skills, and gain unique experiences. With a balanced compensation portfolio, we encourage our people to lead with agility and strive for excellence.