The Operations Manager is responsible for managing the day to day operations (people, process and systems) to ensure SLA’s and KPI’s are met on a daily, weekly, monthly basis. The OM has overall P&L responsibility and will be the key contact with the client. The successful candidate is a highly motivated, self-directed individual capable of creating a high performance operation through strong leadership, effective communication, delegation and coaching for efficiency and people development, detail-oriented and organized with a high level of personal and professional ethics.
This individual will support our day-shift operations with flexibility to work other shifts as required. .
What success looks like:
- Manage, coach and develop a team consisting of warehouse Team Leaders, Operations Support Coordinators and Service Representatives
- Responsible for ensuring P & L, Service Level Agreements (SLAs) and Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) are met
- Responsible for managing the operation within budget guidelines
- Manage operational processes ensuring all clients’ requirements are consistently met and are up to date
- Responsible for ensuring that processes, and changes, are effectively deployed to ensure continuity of operational performance and client satisfaction
- Manages scope of responsibility through assigning and scheduling resources, monitoring deliverables and adjusting approach when required
- Lead and support the team in their involvement in Continuous Improvement (CI) initiatives
- Ensure company policies are communicated, applied and enforced and upheld by all team members
- Accountable for customer satisfaction and providing high quality service and work ethic while representing SCI Logistics
- Responsible for ensuring a safe, secure and fair work environment for all team members
- Foster a positive working environment for internal and external customers
- Other related duties or projects as required to meet the needs of the business
What you bring to the role:
- Minimum 5 years’ managerial experience in a high volume 3PL environment (retail environment would be a definite asset) while managing and developing high performance teams
- Demonstrated effective direct communication with Clients both oral and written as well as with peers and executive level management
- Ability to execute results against strategy and meet critical deadlines
- Strong SAP experience as well as MS Office
- Proven problem solving and decision making skills
- Proven ability to create, manage and maintain strong customer relationships
- Very organized individual capable of multi-tasking and remaining calm under stressful circumstances
- Flexible with scheduling to meet the needs of the business
- High energy, self-motivated with self-confidence
Who you are:
- You have the courage to think differently about how things get done to continuously improve and deliver even better results every day.
- The safety, health, and well-being of yourself and your team, is your first priority.
- Providing exceptional service is your passion.
- You uphold your commitments and make decisions with everyone in mind.
- You are energized by collaborating in a team environment, and enjoy supporting others to find success
- You embrace new things, are open to different perspectives, and adapt quickly to an evolving environment.
- You maintain focus and productivity under stress, and adapt with a positive perspective in times of change.
- You operate with integrity to do what is right for the team and the business as a whole.
- You support and encourage positive team interactions and experiences, and celebrate personal and team success every day.
- You have excellent interpersonal and communication skills, including telephone and email etiquette.
Working at SCI:
First and foremost, at SCI, we are committed to creating a safe and healthy work environment, which is why we support our people with programs that serve the health and wellness of everyone. We also recognize that business moves quickly, and we strongly believe that success in our fast-paced environment is defined by the achievements of all our employees. We pride ourselves in the collaborative approach we apply to our work, and with a flat organizational structure, each employee at SCI is empowered to make a difference every day. Our people find success through their desire to discover new strengths, learn new skills, and gain unique experiences. With a balanced compensation portfolio, we encourage our people to lead with agility and strive for excellence.
We thank all candidates for applying, however, only successful candidates will be contacted for an interview