At SCI our people make us even better, which is why we want you to be a part of our fast growing organization. SCI recognizes that having a great team is the key to success, which is why we attract and retain the right people with an employee experience that focuses on building trust, embracing change, and achieving our goals together. Any one of our 3000 industry experts will tell you that we take on some of Canada’s toughest service and logistic challenges in specialized transportation, technical services, and supply chain management. For 30 years, our proficient planning and flexible solutions have brought us top tier clients. With clear focus, operational excellence, and future growth at the core of our operation, we apply out-of-the-box thinking to deliver exceptional experiences that take our clients to the next level. Are you ready for your next challenge?
The Senior Manager, Solutions Design will be a valuable member in contributing to SCI’s future. Supporting the GM, Solutions Design, this individual will be responsible for developing innovative supply chain solutions and continuous improvement initiatives for SCI’s new or existing clients. The Senior Manager, Solutions Design will engage in a high-degree of collaboration with internal and external stakeholders to ensure all projects balance client requirements with SCI’s objectives. Furthermore, this role will involve travel to our various sites across the GTA as required. Lastly, as a member of our core team, the right person for the role will be a leading example of our culture.
What success looks like:
- Your business partners are excited to collaborate with you! You support one another as a team and work together, leveraging everyone’s strengths.
- You are depended on to see your commitments through and with good intentions.
- The duties and tasks supported by your role continuously improve with increased quality and fast speed to market.
- Support attainment of SCI annual target new business revenues
- Demonstrate a clear understanding of corporate vision, culture and goals and incorporate these into all business solution designs and continuous improvement initiatives.
- You will develop innovative supply chain solutions to provide maximum value to prospective new clients or existing clients, including warehouse design, labour planning and financial modelling.
- Perform complex analytical studies (statistics, operations research, IT, finance/accounting).
- Provide a strong ability to summarize complex design details to internal and external clients.
- You will direct and manage implementation of new business utilizing project management (PMP) disciplines and methodologies, as needed.
- Support the ongoing commitment to continuous improvement by leading and/or supporting operational initiatives, including reviewing and assessing current methods and procedures, as well as designing and assisting with implementing improved techniques.
- Build and drive greater collaboration between the Solutions team and other functional areas, including sales, IT, Finance, and Operations.
- You will participate in relationship management with customers, suppliers, operations, and other business partners.
- Perform other duties as assigned by direct manager in support of SCI’s continued growth and success.
What you bring to the role:
- Bachelor Degree in Industrial Engineering or related field.
- Project Management Professional Certification is an asset.
- Experience in warehouse operations, labour planning, supply chain, Third Party Logistics, transportation or a related field.
- Working knowledge of automated material handling equipment (i.e. conveyors, automated sortation, goods-to-person, AS/RS, mini crane, etc.).
- You are able to manage multiple projects and deliver results on time, on budget and to the complete satisfaction of internal and external business partners.
- You have excellent analytical, organizational and problem solving skills, as well as a strong attention to detail.
- You stay current with industry trends and provide recommendations that support company growth.
- When making decisions, you consider everyone and engage those who can add value to the process.
- You are adaptable in your approach and prioritize with focus on what adds value to the client.
- Strong knowledge of Warehouse Management System (WMS), Transportation Management System (TMS) and SAP.
- Strong competency with database, spreadsheet, AutoCAD, and presentation software.
- Proficiency with MS Project or other time/resource scheduling software.
Who you are:
- You have the courage to think differently about how things get done to continuously improve and deliver even better results every day.
- The safety, health, and well-being of yourself and your team, is your first priority.
- Providing exceptional service is your passion.
- You uphold your commitments and make decisions with everyone in mind.
- You are energized by collaborating in a team environment, and enjoy supporting others to find success.
- You embrace new things, are open to different perspectives, and adapt quickly to an evolving environment.
- You establish and reinforce a culture of exceptional customer service.
- You are able to effectively manage and implement change in a team-based culture.
- You are ambitious to achieve and enable others to deliver operational excellence.
- Strong written and oral communication skills with the ability to work effectively at all levels of the organization with minimal supervision.
Working at SCI:
First and foremost, at SCI, we are committed to creating a safe and healthy work environment, which is why we support our people with programs that serve the health and wellness of everyone. We also recognize that business moves quickly, and we strongly believe that success in our fast-paced environment is defined by the achievements of all our employees. We pride ourselves in the collaborative approach we apply to our work, and with a flat organizational structure, each employee at SCI is empowered to make a difference every day. Our people find success through their desire to discover new strengths, learn new skills, and gain unique experiences. With a balanced compensation portfolio, we encourage our people to lead with agility and strive for excellence.
SCI is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates with disabilities taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
We thank all candidates for applying, however, only successful candidates will be contacted for an interview.