At SCI our people make us even better, which is why we want you to be a part of our fast growing organization. SCI recognizes that having a great team is the key to success, which is why we attract and retain the right people with an employee experience that focuses on building trust, embracing change, and achieving our goals together. Any one of our 3000 industry experts will tell you that we take on some of Canada’s toughest service and logistic challenges in specialized transportation, technical services, and supply chain management. For 30 years, our proficient planning and flexible solutions have brought us top tier clients. With clear focus, operational excellence, and future growth at the core of our operation, we apply out-of-the-box thinking to deliver exceptional experiences that take our clients to the next level. Are you ready for your next challenge?
SCI White Glove Services is for the transportation of high-value products which require product inspection and on-site installation, SCI offers White Glove services throughout Canada. Our clients in the Financial, Technology, Retail, and Healthcare sectors turn to SCI for safe and secure transportation of their products.
We are looking for a professional Driver Helper/Swamper for deliveries across the Lower Mainland and occasionally other areas of B.C. Our Driver Helpers are responsible for the safe delivery, installation and setup of extremely high end equipment and devices including photocopiers, printers, and multi-million dollar medical and scientific equipment with the help of a Driver.
· To assist in the deliveries and installations of office equipment, medical equipment and other White Glove Products
· Perform unpacking, assembly and delivery of high value equipment
· Complete disassembly and removal of high value equipment
· Interact directly with end customers and provide functional demo of equipment
· Assist the Driver with other duties as required, including but not limited to, communications with both the Customer and Dispatcher, completing paperwork, and assisting with navigation
· Complete daily trip reports and record delivery activities
· Work in a safe manner and adhere to safe working procedures
· Maintain an organized and clean environment
· Perform other general duties as assigned by Management.
· Minimum 1 year experience in a transportation and/or logistics environment
· Team player with excellent interpersonal and written communication skills
· Portray a professional image as a representative of SCI White Glove Inc.
· Demonstrate exceptional customer service through interactions with the customers
· Strong organizational skills with the ability to balance multiple priorities
· Strong attention to detail, accuracy and quality of work
· Positive attitude, flexible and adaptable, high energy, and self-motivated
· Ability to lift up to 100+ lbs. repeatedly up and down stairs/ramps, and into office spaces
· Previous experience with handling high end commercial electronics (i.e. Printers, photo copiers, bank machines) is an asset
· Ability to work under pressure with minimal supervision.
· Must be able to work a flexible schedule, hours are primarily day shift Monday to Friday, however, due to workload volumes some weekend work may be required