*At SCI our people make us even better, which is why we want you to be a part of our fast growing organization. SCI recognizes that having a great team is the key to success, which is why we attract and retain the right people with an employee experience that focuses on building trust, embracing change, and achieving our goals together. Any one of our 3000 industry experts will tell you that we take on some of Canada’s toughest service and logistic challenges in specialized transportation, technical services, and supply chain management. For 30 years, our proficient planning and flexible solutions have brought us top tier clients. With clear focus, operational excellence, and future growth at the core of our operation, we apply out-of-the-box thinking to deliver exceptional experiences that take our clients to the next level. Are you ready for your next challenge?
The Application Architect is a valuable member in contributing to SCI’s future. Supporting the Applications Manager, this individual will be responsible for the development, implementation and on-going maintenance of an integrated customer solutions strategy. This “hands-on” role will require the ability to develop, implement and provide on-going management of customer specific solutions, while balancing client relationships, SCI management expectations, internal customer needs and external supplier capabilities. As an SAP Application Architect, the goal will be to optimize operating costs and achieve savings, while using best practices and industry experience to provide a solution that meets our customer’s requirements. This position will work closely with an extended cross-functional team of technical and operations subject matter experts and managers. This role will also involve some travel to our various warehouses across the GTA, as well as participation in on-call and after-hours support when needed. Lastly, as a member of our core team, the right person for the role will be a leading example of our culture.
What success looks like:
- Your business partners are excited to collaborate with you! You support one another as a team and work together, leveraging everyone’s strengths.
- You are depended on to see your commitments through with good intentions.
- The duties and tasks supported by your role continuously improve with increased quality and fast speed to market.
- You will understand key client needs and provide solutions with compelling value propositions that align with SCI’s capabilities.
- You can adapt current capabilities (systematic or operational) to new requirements without have to resort to custom code development.
- Deliver innovative business consulting, business process design, systems integration and application design.
- Coordinate with internal and external resources to complete detailed design and costing of proposed solutions.
- You seek to make changes that provide flexibility and simplify operational processes.
- Lead the development and documentation of the technical requirements.
- Lead the identification and resolution of gaps and inconsistencies.
- You will be accountable for successful execution of the solution as it is implemented and as it transitions to regular operations.
- Guide the team through problem definition, issue identification and work plan development using problem solving principles and past experience.
- You will be responsible for planning an approach for defining, documenting, categorizing, and packaging requirements for projects and initiatives.
- Keep abreast of current trends, practices and technological developments related to the field of 3PL, supply chain, transportation and related SaaS solutions, Knowledge Management, Business Intelligence and Business Process Measurement.
- Assist in the development of templates for business requirement documents, test scripts/test scenarios, business processes and procedures, work instructions, and other detailed user related and support documentation to support standard configuration.
- You will make presentations to all levels of management, including Directors, Vice-Presidents, users, partners and outside vendors.
- Interact with our clients’ counterpart and internal teams to solicit system-level technical requirements and resolve technical issues.
- Identify and drive opportunities for business process improvements and redesign either in existing systems or by adopting new functionalities available in other systems, while demonstrating project and program management leadership.
- You will ensure adherence to established change management processes.
- Liaise with business management, IT management, vendors and partners in project related matters, as well as lead discussions on best fit alternatives.
- Provide subject matter expertise for programmers, consultants, vendors, as well as business analysts.
What you bring to the role:
- Ideally certification in a module of SAP (especially in eWM, WM, IM or SD), a Business Analyst Professional (CBAP) Certification, a Supply Chain Professional (CSCP) Certification, and/or a Production and Inventory Management (CPIM) Certification.
- 10 years’ experience implementing/supporting SAP-WM in diverse environments (e.g. Configuration of WM – Bin and Storage Locations, Movement Types, Picking and Putaway Strategies, Serialization, Batch Management), with preference given to those with additional SD configuration experience in SAP Transportation Management
- Experience in other warehouse management or supply chain applications is a plus
- Although not required, exposure to Project Management, with a demonstrated ability to deliver projects and tasks on-time is beneficial.
- Integration experience with third-party systems using HTML, EDI, Webservices, etc.
- Experience with data migration activities (e.g. LSMW for inventory loads).
- You have a good understanding of test strategies, test planning and test methodologies.
- Advanced knowledge and ability to configure and support a variety of software applications especially SAP supply chain modules through use of SDLC or Agile practices and troubleshooting.
- Advanced ability to research and analyze current and new technologies to make recommendations that meet the changing needs of our business if required.
- You make realistic commitments and engage the right people to deliver projects and tasks on-time.
- Align with team members through clear articulation of direction and expectations.
- You apply critical thinking and analytical skills when problem-solving.
- When making decisions, you consider everyone and engage those who can add value to the process.
- You are adaptable in your approach and prioritize with focus on what adds value to the client.
- You have a good understanding of SAP problem solving approach (logs, dumps, OSS notes, etc.).
- Strong knowledge of Radio Frequency (Functional) systems with the ability to design custom WM RF transactions.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office products (Outlook, Word, Excel, Power Point and Visio).
- Knowledge of automated testing and BPM tools is an asset.
- Knowledge of third-party Bar Code systems (e.g. Loftware, Bar Tender), as well as flowcharting and other workflow modeling tools is an asset.
Who you are:
- You have the courage to think differently about how things get done to continuously improve and deliver even better results every day.
- The safety, health, and well-being of yourself and your team, is your first priority.
- Providing exceptional service is your passion.
- You uphold your commitments and make decisions with everyone in mind.
- You are energized by collaborating in a team environment, and enjoy supporting others to find success.
- You embrace new things, are open to different perspectives, and adapt quickly to an evolving environment.
- You make decisions keeping the delivery of superior service to all stakeholders in mind.
- You work well with diverse groups of people and can communicate a clear vision of client and business needs to others.
- You participate actively in multi-disciplinary work teams to achieve the successful execution of complex implementation projects.
- You cooperate and support others by encouraging participation and actively listening to their opinions and ideas.
- You have the ability to work at a detailed level to quickly identify critical issues, focusing on efficient resolutions, while understanding the impact of business application-specific details.
- You are a business focused professional that challenges the status quo and drives efficiency.
- You have excellent verbal and written communication skills and can communicate effectively with internal and external clients, as well as all levels of staff in order to exchange information, generate ideas, resolve problems and answer inquiries.
- You ask clarifying and probing questions during interactions so that you are able to discern the needs that underlie the spoken words.
- You are able to work with a high degree of autonomy.
- You are able to push back on requests that will add un-necessary cost and complexity while maintaining a positive relationship with internal and external clients.
Working at SCI:
First and foremost, at SCI, we are committed to creating a safe and healthy work environment, which is why we support our people with programs that serve the health and wellness of everyone. We also recognize that business moves quickly, and we strongly believe that success in our fast-paced environment is defined by the achievements of all our employees. We pride ourselves in the collaborative approach we apply to our work, and with a flat organizational structure, each employee at SCI is empowered to make a difference every day. Our people find success through their desire to discover new strengths, learn new skills, and gain unique experiences. With a balanced compensation portfolio, we encourage our people to lead with agility and strive for excellence.