*At SCI our people make us even better, which is why we want you to be a part of our fast growing organization. SCI recognizes that having a great team is the key to success, which is why we attract and retain the right people with an employee experience that focuses on building trust, embracing change, and achieving our goals together. Any one of our 3000 industry experts will tell you that we take on some of Canada’s toughest service and logistic challenges in specialized transportation, technical services, and supply chain management. For 30 years, our proficient planning and flexible solutions have brought us top tier clients. With clear focus, operational excellence, and future growth at the core of our operation, we apply out-of-the-box thinking to deliver exceptional experiences that take our clients to the next level. Are you ready for your next challenge?
The HR Generalist will be a valuable member in contributing to SCI’s future. Supporting the Director of Human Resources,this individual will collaborate closely with both internal and external key stakeholders at all levels to steer the organization through a culture journey with influence and effective change management and employee relations techniques. Further, the right person for the role will effectively integrate culture into human resources infrastructure with the vision to encourage aligned behaviours throughout the organization. As a member of the Corporate HR team, this individual will be a credible influencer, strong collaborator, and a key contributor to HR strategy and infrastructure.
What success looks like:
- Your business partners are excited to collaborate with you! You support one another as a team and work together, leveraging everyone’s strengths.
- You are depended on to see your commitments through and with good intentions.
- You will be responsible for general HR administrative duties, including employee correspondence, generating monthly/annual reports, interpreting HR analytics, etc.
- The duties and tasks supported by your role continuously improve with increased quality and fast speed to market.
- You are a coach to managers in maintaining positive employee relations; change management, cultural alignment.
- You educate the business on HR trends and facilitate leadership and cultural initiatives, influencing others to cultivate a culture that reflects our strategy.
- Manages the talent assessment program and the development of succession and planning tools;
- Annual administration, interpretation, analysis, and communication of Culture/Engagement Surveys will be successful under your management.
- With your insights, contributions, and, engagement of the leadership team, employee engagement will increase as a results of effectively deployed organizational programs.
- You will conduct process documentation and accurate records maintenance and filing.
- You will participate in the development of departmental goals, objectives, and systems.
- Monitor the annual performance evaluation program.
- You will manage employee relations and inquiries.
- You offer support to both corporate and site locations; communicate and rollout HR programs and projects, adding value to the delivery.
- A clear cultural direction is established within the organization with managers and employees aligned.
- Partner with Marketing on Company branding strategy and update Company Sharepoint as required.
- HR and organizational strategy is clearly articulated through programs, processes and infrastructure.
- Learning and development opportunities are identified and delivered on to support the growth of internal stakeholders.
- Related strategies, programs, tasks receive your attention to invest/contribute in new ways within the business.
What you bring to the role:
- University degree or Post-Secondary education in Human Resources or related field required
- CHRP/CHRL designation required (candidates with CHRP in progress may be considered)
- Minimum of 5 years’ recent HR experience as a HR Generalist or organizational development experience
- You have comprehensive knowledge relevant employment legislation and policies to accurately, interpret, advise, and make recommendations on its deployment and improvement.
- You bring an understanding of human dynamics and work relationships to effectively influence others and identify behaviours to encourage across the organization.
- You keep up with relevant legislation, technology, and techniques as it applies to your field to make valuable recommendations to the business.
- You are proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access and Outlook)
- You are capable of setting expectations, project planning, delivering on accountabilities with agreed upon timelines.
- You are comfortable with a dynamic, ever-changing environment and apply sound judgement to determine solutions right for business circumstance.
- When making decisions, you consider everyone and engage those who can add value to the process.
- You are adaptable in your approach and prioritize with focus on what adds value to your clients.
- You bring a wide variety of experience working different applications to effectively assess and recommend possible.
Who you are:
- You have the courage to think differently about how things get done to continuously improve and deliver even better results every day.
- The safety, health, and well-being of yourself and your team, is your first priority.
- Providing exceptional service is your passion.
- You uphold your commitments and make decisions with everyone in mind.
- You are energized by collaborating in a team environment, and enjoy supporting others to find success
- You embrace new things, are open to different perspectives, and adapt quickly to an evolving environment.
- The relationships you build and genuine and you partners can trust and confide in you.
- The collaborative approach you take you work ensures all parties can adapt and align to new ideas, programs, and dynamics within human resources.
- You offer a forward-thinking perspective and maintain a positive attitude, overcoming obstacles with a solution-focused mindset.
- Your drive to constantly learn and improve generates new ideas within leadership and other teams, challenging others to think differently.
Working at SCI:
First and foremost, at SCI, we are committed to creating a safe and healthy work environment, which is why we support our people with programs that serve the health and wellness of everyone. We also recognize that our business moves quickly, and we strongly believe that success in our fast-paced environment is defined by the achievements of all our employees. We pride ourselves in the collaborative approach we apply to our work, and as a flat organization, each employee at SCI is empowered to make a difference every day. Our people find success through their desire to discover new strengths, learn new skills, and gain unique experiences. With a balanced compensation portfolio, we encourage our people to lead with agility and strive for excellence.