Edwards Boulevard, Mississauga
Role: This role is responsible for general building and equipment maintenance.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Perform mechanical and plumbing repairs
- Ensure that the building, building infrastructure and equipment are in good/safe working condition
- Ensure that an effective preventive & predictive maintenance system is in place including regular inspections of the warehouse(s)
- Maintain documentation on all equipment, building infrastructure, etc., such as machine manuals, electric circuit diagrams, preventive/predictive and emergency breakdown work orders/instructions
- Ensure that tools are kept in good working condition and are readily available
- Track costs related to maintenance and repairs; submit monthly expense reports
- Ensure proper inventory of materials required; research different solutions for materials when needed
- Communicate and work with contractors when required for MHE repairs and significant building infrastructure repairs
- Delegating and overseeing the work of employees in the Maintenance department
- Perform any and all other assignments from time to time as management directs
- 3-5 years trades experience in a warehouse environment
- Valid MHE licenses for Order Picker, Reach Truck, Dock Stocker and Sky Jack
- Experience working with wood and sheet rock
- Experience working with hand and power tools
- Good communications skills, both written and oral
- Effective problem solving skills
- Effective time management and organizational skills.
- Familiarity and conformance with legislated requirements of the OHSA
- Ability to work in fast-paced environment, continually adapting to change and work under pressure
- Possesses a good attitude and likes to work in a team environment
- Ability to work a flexible schedule and overtime if required
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Proficient with Microsoft Office
SCI is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates with disabilities taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
We thank all candidates for applying, however, only successful candidates will be contacted for an interview.