Our people make us even better, which is why we want you to be a part of our fast growing organization. SCI recognizes that having a great team is the key to success, which is why we attract and retain the right people with an employee experience that focuses on building trust, embracing change, and achieving our goals together. Any one of our 3000 industry experts will tell you that we take on some of Canada’s toughest service and logistic challenges in specialized transportation, technical services, and supply chain management. For 30 years, our proficient planning and flexible solutions have brought us top tier clients. With clear focus, operational excellence, and future growth at the core of our operation, we apply out-of-the-box thinking to deliver exceptional experiences that take our clients to the next level. Are you ready for your next challenge?
Role:The Facilities Manager will be responsible for overseeing the Maintenance Team and the general building/equipment maintenance in two facilities. This role plans, organizes, directs, controls and evaluates all maintenance related activities and requirements to ensure facilities are in proper working condition.
What success looks like:
- Oversee all general maintenance and repairs required within the facility (including mechanical, electrical, and plumbing).
- Ensure that the building, building infrastructure, and equipment are in good/safe working condition
- Liaise with contractors, vendors, and landlords as required
- Evaluate, prioritize and schedule maintenance repair requests to ensure timely completion of repair actions.
- Establish/manage a process to review the existing maintenance strategy (preventive, condition-based, predictive) when the equipment or operating practices change or when the equipment does not meet performance objectives.
- Accountable for tracking, understanding, and improving departmental KPIs
- Schedule and attend regular meetings with Managers, Team Leaders, Employees and Health and Safety on maintenance items
- Plan, develop and recommend new or revised departmental policies and procedures
- Emergency On-Call: May need to respond to after-hour emergencies, alarms or other call outs immediately (e.g. fire, flood, environmental issues, etc.) ensuring appropriate response and follow-up actions are taken according to the circumstances, reporting all insurance claims to the District Manager and Risk Management immediately
- Manage, coach and develop Maintenance team in line with Company’s policies and procedures
What you bring to the role:
- Post-secondary education and/or a combination of relevant experience and education
- Strong analytical, problem solving and multitasking skills
- Ability to work effectively independently and in a team environment
- Ability to prioritize and manage time effectively
- Strong communication skills
- Experience working in a Continuous Improvement Environment such as Lean, Six Sigma, or Lean Sigma
- Proven organizational skills and attention to detail
- Works well under pressure
- Strong MS Office skills including MS Access and Excel
Who you are:
- You have the courage to think differently about how things get done to continuously improve and deliver even better results every day.
- The safety, health, and well-being of yourself and your team, is your first priority.
- Providing exceptional service is your passion.
- You uphold your commitments and make decisions with everyone in mind.
- You are energized by collaborating in a team environment, and enjoy supporting others to find success.
- You embrace new things, are open to different perspectives, and adapt quickly to an evolving environment.
- You maintain focus and productivity under stress, and adapt with a positive perspective in times of change.
- You operate with integrity to do what is right for the team and the business as a whole.
- You support and encourage positive team interactions and experiences, and celebrate personal and team success every day.
- You have excellent interpersonal and communication skills, including telephone and email etiquette.
Working at SCI:
First and foremost, at SCI, we are committed to creating a safe and healthy work environment, which is why we support our people with programs that serve the health and wellness of everyone. We also recognize that business moves quickly, and we strongly believe that success in our fast-paced environment is defined by the achievements of all our employees. We pride ourselves in the collaborative approach we apply to our work, and with a flat organizational structure, each employee at SCI is empowered to make a difference every day. Our people find success through their desire to discover new strengths, learn new skills, and gain unique experiences. With a balanced compensation portfolio, we encourage our people to lead with agility and strive for excellence.
SCI is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates with disabilities taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
We thank all candidates for applying, however, only successful candidates will be contacted for an interview.