We are currently looking an two Operations Supervisor who will be responsible for leading their team to achieve Service Level Agreements and Key Performance Index through the planning and execution of daily operational plans. Provide support and continuous improvements for internal and external clients through effective communication, promotion of safety practices and policies while focusing on customer satisfaction and business retention.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Leading the team in achieving daily SLAs and KPIs through tracking productivity results against the actual targets. Provide the necessary coaching /training to assist employees in achieving the daily targets.
- Provide suggestions to the Operations Manager on productivity improvement processes and operational growth.
- Work with the Operations Manager in managing the manpower planning daily and during the peak / product launch periods to ensure operational success.
- Conduct performance review when employees are eligible for an increase or require feedback on performance management.
- Conduct one on one meetings with all hourly employees regarding their overall performance.
- Facilitate daily shift start up meetings to effectively communicate all pertinent information regarding process changes, goals and objectives.
- Cross train employees in various functions to improve labour costs and efficiencies.
- Provide or coordinate operational trainings for new hires.
- Participate in Client calls and provide operational updates when required.
- Communication with Client via email or phone to resolve any discrepancies or concerns directly or through the Operations Manager.
Health and Safety
- Ensure work areas are hazard free and clear of any potential hazards through regular site inspections and corrective actions.
- Ensure all safety policies, procedures and programs are adhered to at all times.
- Participate in trainings and assist Human Resources in the coordination of training sessions for the hourly employees.
- Communicate Health and Safety awareness as needed.
- Resolve any health and safety concerns/issues immediately. If unable to, escalate it to the Operations Manager or Joint Health and Safety Committee.
- Effectively respond to injuries through appropriate medical treatment and suitable duties accommodation.
- Ensure compliance with load inspections, non-standard pallets, trailer security (seals) and pallet heights for inbound.
- Approve timesheet entries and resolve payroll issues or follow up with Human Resources
- Create reports to submit to the Operations Manager when required
- Back up other leadership roles when required
- Demonstrated leadership capabilities.
- Minimum of 3 years previous supervisory experience in a fast paced, logistics environment.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and written skills.
- Thorough knowledge of third party logistics services and processes.
- Proficiency using Microsoft office applications.
- Post-secondary education and/or a combination of relevant experience and education.
- Experience with report generation using Warehouse Management Systems.