Salary: $18.50 /hour
We are looking for a skilled Maintenance worker to perform upkeep tasks such as repairs and cleaning. You will be responsible for applying basic fixes to equipment and building systems and ensure facilities are tidy and functional.
Being reliable with a keen eye for detail is the first step to getting this job. The ideal candidate will have experience and solid technical knowledge. You must also possess manual dexterity and physical stamina.
Shift:Days – 6 am – 2 pm * flexible to work other shift if needed
Key Responsibilities include:
- Responsible for the cleanliness of the warehouse as needed. (Includes operating the floor scrubber on a daily basis, mopping around office area, cleaning railings, stairs and window ledges. Keeping the dock areas tidy and removing garbage and scrap as needed).
- Responsible for exterior maintenance such as snow and ice removal around fire exits and employee entrances.
- Assisting with maintaining the condition of all MHE equipment through watering the batteries on a weekly basis
- Perform minor repairs around the warehouse and complete various maintenance projects as they arise (i.e. wall repair, painting, minor plumbing repairs, and installation of signs, fixtures, broken locks, replacement of light bulbs etc.).
- Responsible for boardroom set ups for various scheduled meetings.
- Work in a safe manner and adhere to safe working procedures.
- Perform other general maintenance duties as assigned by Management
- Previous maintenance experience in a fast-paced warehouse environment
- Basic knowledge of plumbing and electrical systems
- Valid MHE license for reach truck or order picker, Double Walkie for the purpose of watering the batteries
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Team player with good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to balance multiple priorities.
- Strong attention to detail, accuracy and quality of work.
- Positive attitude, flexible and adaptable, and self-motivated.
Working at SCI:
First and foremost, at SCI, we are committed to creating a safe and healthy work environment, which is why we support our people with programs that serve the health and wellness of everyone. We also recognize that business moves quickly, and we strongly believe that success in our fast-paced environment is defined by the achievements of all our employees. We pride ourselves in the collaborative approach we apply to our work, and with a flat organizational structure, each employee at SCI is empowered to make a difference every day. Our people find success through their desire to discover new strengths, learn new skills, and gain unique experiences. With a balanced compensation portfolio, we encourage our people to lead with agility and strive for excellence.