SCI is a fast-growing organization, which is why we are seeking your specialized knowledge and expertise to achieve our high-priority goals. We recognize that having a great team is the key to success, so we attract and retain the right people with an experience that focuses on building trust, embracing change, and achieving our goals together. Any one of our 3000 industry experts will tell you that we take on some of Canada’s toughest service and logistic challenges in specialized transportation, technical services, and supply chain management. For 30 years, our proficient planning and flexible solutions have brought us top tier clients. With clear focus, operational excellence, and future growth at the core of our operation, we apply out-of-the-box thinking to deliver exceptional experiences that take our clients to the next level. Are you ready for your next challenge?
The Legal Assistant will provide their high-valued experience and expertise to support SCI’s continued growth. This individual will support the Director of Procurement and Contract Management to provide day-to-day administrative support, including maintaining and organizing files, conducting research, as well as drafting documents and email communications. This role will also involve engaging with the Executive Team and external counsel as required. The successful candidate for this position will have strong organization and communication skills, as well as a willingness to learn SCI’s Contract Management System.
What does success look like?
- Your teammates and customers are excited to collaborate with you! You leverage your knowledge and industry experience to support the company in achieving their strategic goals.
- You are accountable for seeing your commitments through and with good intention.
- You are depended on to offer recommendations that add value to the business and are based on proven industry experience.
- You understand and navigate internal processes and systems quickly and with ease.
- You will perform administrative tasks on SCI’s Contract Management System in an accurate and efficient manner.
- You will maintain and organize physical and electronic files.
- You will manage the day-to-day operations and changing priorities within the Procurement department.
- Assist with revising and finalizing various correspondence and corporate documentation.
- Correspond professionally with all external and internal clients.
What you bring to the role:
- Completion of a post-secondary education program, with preference given to those candidates with a diploma/degree in Business, Legal or a related field.
- You manage your time and priorities effectively in a fast-paced, flexible environment.
- You hold yourself accountable to deliver on your commitments.
- You are proficient in Microsoft Office 2013.
- Who you are:
- You take ownership and responsibility for the actions and decisions you make.
- You have the courage to think differently about how things get done every day to continuously improve and deliver even better results.
- When challenges come your way, you think differently and find new ways to solve old problems.
- You are not afraid to ‘step outside of the box’ and challenge the status quo where valuable.
- Providing exceptional service is your passion.
- Safety, health, and well-being is your first priority.
- You are eager to learn and think differently to continuously improve.
- You have strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to interact with all levels of the organization.
Working at SCI:
We encourage the success of every one of our teammates, which is why we offer a competitive portfolio that recognizes hard work and contributions of our partners. We are also committed to creating a safe and healthy environment, and support that through our many programs! To top it off, our continuous improvement mindset creates an environment that allows our partners to contribute to opportunities that add value to our clients.
SCI is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates with disabilities taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
We thank all candidates for applying, however, only successful candidates will be contacted for an interview.