Position: Team Leader
The Team Leader will be a valuable member in contributing to SCI’s future. Supporting the Operations Manager this individual will be responsible for managing the day-to-day operations and inventory management of the facility. With their strong leadership skills, this Team Lead will support their team members to ensure daily SLA’s and operational objectives are achieved. This individual will support our day-shift operations with flexibility to work other shifts as required. Lastly, as a member of our core team, the right person for the role will be a leading example of our culture.
What success looks like:
- Your business partners are excited to collaborate with you! You support one another as a team and work together, leveraging everyone’s strengths.
- You are depended on to see your commitments through and with good intentions.
- The duties and tasks supported by your role continuously improve with increased quality and fast speed to market.
- You maximize productivity by effectively allocating available resources to successfully process the daily shift work volume.
- Provide hands on direction of all activities to ensure customer and corporate requirements are met.
- Comprehend and administer all relevant policies and procedures in a fair and consistent manner.
- You use SAP, Kronos, and other related systems to manage operations, inventory management, and employee-related data.
- Adhere to SCI Logistics’ Quality Principles, Continuous Improvement, and account-specific Standard Operating Procedures.
- Adhere to all Health and Safety practices, and ensure employees are following all related policies and procedures.
- You manage individual employee productivity, attendance, and performance management through regular reviews.
- Resolve employee relation issues in a timely manner, and escalate matters when required.
- Effectively communicate all pertinent information regarding process changes, goals and objectives, and operational results to employees through daily shift meetings.
- Work cohesively with the entire Management team to ensure strategic objectives are achieved.
- What you bring to the role:*
- You have a Post-Secondary education, and/or a combination of relevant experience and education.
- Minimum of 4 years of previous leadership experience in directly managing a team to meet daily objectives.
- A valid MHE certification would be an asset.
- You have thorough knowledge of third-party logistics services and processes.
- You manage your time and priorities effectively in fast-paced, flexible environments.
- You support others in meeting their commitments.
- You take personal ownership over decisions, actions, and outcomes.
- When making decisions, you consider everyone and engage those who can add value to the process.
- You are adaptable in your approach and prioritize with focus on what adds value to the client.
- You have strong SAP and MS Office experience.
Who you are:
- You have the courage to think differently about how things get done to continuously improve and deliver even better results every day.
- The safety, health, and well-being of yourself and your team, is your first priority.
- Providing exceptional service is your passion.
- You uphold your commitments and make decisions with everyone in mind.
- You are energized by collaborating in a team environment, and enjoy supporting others to find success
- You embrace new things, are open to different perspectives, and adapt quickly to an evolving environment.
- You maintain focus and productivity under stress, and adapt with a positive perspective in times of change.
- You operate with integrity to do what is right for the team and the business as a whole.
- You support and encourage positive team interactions and experiences, and celebrate personal and team success every day.
- You have excellent interpersonal and communication skills, including telephone and email etiquette.
_ Working at SCI:**_
First and foremost, at SCI, we are committed to creating a safe and healthy work environment, which is why we support our people with programs that serve the health and wellness of everyone. We also recognize that business moves quickly, and we strongly believe that success in our fast-paced environment is defined by the achievements of all our employees. We pride ourselves in the collaborative approach we apply to our work, and with a flat organizational structure, each employee at SCI is empowered to make a difference every day. Our people find success through their desire to discover new strengths, learn new skills, and gain unique experiences. With a balanced compensation portfolio, we encourage our people to lead with agility and strive for excellence.