Greater Toronto Area, ON
Salary: $65,672.00 to $80,266.00 /year
The Operations Manager is responsible for managing the day to day operations (people, process and systems) to ensure SLA’s and KPI’s are met on a daily, weekly, monthly basis. The OM has overall P&L responsibility and will be the key contact with the client. The successful candidate is a highly motivated, self-directed individual capable of creating a high performance operation through strong leadership, effective communication, delegation and coaching for efficiency and people development, detail-oriented and organized with a high level of personal and professional ethics. This individual will support our day-shift operations with flexibility to work other shifts as required. Lastly, as a member of our core team, the right person for the role will be a leading example of our culture.
What success looks like:
· Manage, coach and develop a team consisting of warehouse Team Leaders, Operations Support Coordinators and Service Representatives
· Responsible for ensuring P & L, Service Level Agreements (SLAs) and Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) are met
· Responsible for managing the operation within budget guidelines
· Manage operational processes ensuring all clients’ requirements are consistently met and are up to date
· Responsible for ensuring that processes, and changes, are effectively deployed to ensure continuity of operational performance and client satisfaction
· Manages scope of responsibility through assigning and scheduling resources, monitoring deliverables and adjusting approach when required
· Lead and support the team in their involvement in Continuous Improvement (CI) initiatives
· Ensure company policies are communicated, applied and enforced and upheld by all team members
· Accountable for customer satisfaction and providing high quality service and work ethic while representing SCI Logistics
· Responsible for ensuring a safe, secure and fair work environment for all team members
· Foster a positive working environment for internal and external customers
· Other related duties or projects as required to meet the needs of the business
What you bring to the role:
· Minimum 5 years’ managerial experience in a high volume 3PL environment (retail environment would be a definite asset) while managing and developing high performance teams
· Demonstrated effective direct communication with Clients both oral and written as well as with peers and executive level management
· Ability to execute results against strategy and meet critical deadlines
· Strong SAP experience as well as MS Office
· Proven problem solving and decision making skills
· Proven ability to create, manage and maintain strong customer relationships
· Very organized individual capable of multi-tasking and remaining calm under stressful circumstances
· Flexible with scheduling to meet the needs of the business
· High energy, self-motivated with self-confidence
Who you are:
- You have the courage to think differently about how things get done to continuously improve and deliver even better results every day.
- The safety, health, and well-being of yourself and your team, is your first priority.
- Providing exceptional service is your passion.
- You uphold your commitments and make decisions with everyone in mind.
- You are energized by collaborating in a team environment, and enjoy supporting others to find success
- You embrace new things, are open to different perspectives, and adapt quickly to an evolving environment.
- You maintain focus and productivity under stress, and adapt with a positive perspective in times of change.
- You operate with integrity to do what is right for the team and the business as a whole.
- You support and encourage positive team interactions and experiences, and celebrate personal and team success every day.
- You have excellent interpersonal and communication skills, including telephone and email etiquette.