The Operations Manager will be a valuable member in contributing to SCI’s future. Reporting to the Director of Operations, this individual will be responsible for managing the day-to-day operations (people, process and systems) to ensure SLA’s and KPI’s are met on a daily, weekly, and monthly basis. The Operations Manager has overall P&L responsibility and will be the key contact for clients. The successful candidate is a highly motivated, self-directed individual capable of creating a high performance operation through strong leadership, effective communication, as well as delegation and coaching. This individual will also be detail-oriented and organized, with a high level of personal and professional ethics. Lastly, as a member of our core team, the right person for the role will be a leading example of our culture.
What success looks like:
- Your business partners are excited to collaborate with you! You support one another as a team and work together, leveraging everyone’s strengths.
- You can be depended on to see your commitments through and with good intentions.
- The duties and tasks supported by your role, continuously improve with increased quality and fast speed to market.
- Manage, coach and develop a team consisting of warehouse Team Leaders, Operations Support Coordinators, and Service Representatives.
- Responsible for ensuring P&L, Service Level Agreements (SLAs) and Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) are met.
- Responsible for managing the operation within budget guidelines.
- Manage operational processes ensuring all clients’ requirements are consistently met and are up to date.
- Responsible for ensuring that processes, and changes, are effectively deployed to ensure continuity of operational performance and client satisfaction.
- Manage scope of responsibility through assigning and scheduling resources, monitoring deliverables and adjusting approach when required.
- Ensure company policies are communicated, applied, and enforced and upheld by all team members.
- Lead and support the team in their involvement in Continuous Improvement (CI) initiatives.
- You will represent SCI Logistics and be accountable for customer satisfaction, ensuring that high quality service and work ethic is provided.
- Responsible for ensuring a safe, secure, and fair work environment for all team members.
- Foster a positive working environment for internal and external customers.
- What you bring to the role:*
- Minimum 5 years’ managerial experience in a high volume 3PL environment (retail environment would be a definite asset).
- You have experience managing and developing high performance teams.
- Demonstrated experience directly communicating with clients, peers, and executive level management.
- You execute results against strategy, and deliver results on-time, in scope, and with quality.
- You align team members to strategy through clear articulation of direction and expectations.
- You apply critical thinking and analytical skills when problem-solving.
- When making decisions, you consider everyone and engage those who can add value to the process.
- You are nimble in your approach and prioritize with focus on what adds value to the client.
- Strong SAP experience, as well as MS Office.
- Who you are:*
You have the courage to think differently about how things get done every day to continuously improve and deliver even better results.
- The safety, health, and well-being of yourself and your team, is your first priority.
- Providing exceptional service is your passion.
- You uphold your commitments and make decisions with everyone in mind.
- You are energized by collaborating in a team environment, support others to find success
- You embrace new things, are open to different perspectives, and adapt quickly to an evolving environment.
- You are a very organized individual, capable of managing time and priorities effectively in a fast-paced environment.
- You remain calm, confident, and focused under stressful circumstances.
- You create, manage, and maintain strong relationships with customers, and proactively address their needs.
- You have strong communication skills, both oral and written.
- Flexible with scheduling to meet the needs of the business.
- You are a self-motivated individual with high-energy and self-confidence.