Salary: $55,000.00 /year
At SCI our people make us even better, which is why we want you to be a part of our fast growing organization. SCI recognizes that having a great team is the key to success, which is why we attract and retain the right people with an employee experience that focuses on building trust, embracing change, and achieving our goals together. Any one of our 3000 industry experts will tell you that we take on some of Canada’s toughest service and logistic challenges in specialized transportation, technical services, and supply chain management. For 30 years, our proficient planning and flexible solutions have brought us top tier clients. With clear focus, operational excellence, and future growth at the core of our operation, we apply out-of-the-box thinking to deliver exceptional experiences that take our clients to the next level. Are you ready for your next challenge?
The Team Leader will be a valuable member in contributing to SCI’s future. Supporting the Operations Manager this individual will be responsible for managing the day-to-day operations and inventory management of the facility. With their strong leadership skills, this Team Leader will support their team members to ensure daily SLA’s and operational objectives are achieved. This individual will support our Afternoon Shift operations. Lastly, as a member of our core team, the right person for the role will be a leading example of our culture.
What success looks like:
- Maximize effectiveness of available resources to successfully process the daily work volume while meeting or exceeding KPIs, productivity and quality targets
- Hands on direction of all floor level activity to ensure customer and corporate requirements are met
- Effectively communicate all pertinent information regarding process changes, goals and objectives and operational results to employees through daily shift meetings
- Meet with staff individually on a monthly basis to review on prior month’s performance and to provide coaching/feedback.
- Performance management of direct reports.
- Comprehend and administer all relevant company and operating policies and procedures in a fair and consistent manner
- Resolve employee relation issues in a timely manner and escalate when required
- Adhere to SCI Logistics’ Quality Principles and Account specific Standard Operating Procedures
- Use of AS400, Kronos and other related systems
- Adhere to all Health and Safety practices and ensure employee are following all related policies and procedures
- Provide daily updates on receiving, shipping, issues and projects
- Other duties as assigned by Management
What you bring to the role:
- Demonstrated leadership capabilities
- Minimum of 3 years previous experience in a fast paced, logistics environment
- Strong Excel and Access skills; AS400 experience an asset. Strong oral and written communication skills
- Experience using Vollect
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills including written communication skills
- Must have both phone and email etiquette
- Good knowledge of WMS systems in an RF environment
- Thorough knowledge of third party logistics services and processes
- Proficiency using Microsoft office applications
- Post-secondary education and/or a combination of relevant experience and education
- Flexibility to work weekend shifts when required
Working at SCI:
First and foremost, at SCI, we are committed to creating a safe and healthy work environment, which is why we support our people with programs that serve the health and wellness of everyone. We also recognize that business moves quickly, and we strongly believe that success in our fast-paced environment is defined by the achievements of all our employees. We pride ourselves in the collaborative approach we apply to our work, and with a flat organizational structure, each employee at SCI is empowered to make a difference every day. Our people find success through their desire to discover new strengths, learn new skills, and gain unique experiences. With a balanced compensation portfolio, we encourage our people to lead with agility and strive for excellence.
We thank all candidates for applying, however, only successful candidates will be contacted for an interview