At SCI our people make us even better, which is why we want you to be a part of our fast growing organization. SCI recognizes that having a great team is the key to success; so we attract and retain the right people with an employee experience that focuses on building trust, embracing change, and achieving our goals together. Any one of our 3000 industry experts will tell you that we take on some of Canada’s toughest service and logistic challenges in specialized transportation, technical services, and supply chain management. For 30 years, our proficient planning and flexible solutions have brought us top tier clients. With clear focus, operational excellence, and future growth at the core of our operation, we apply out-of-the-box thinking to deliver exceptional experiences that take our clients to the next level. Are you ready for your next challenge?
The Human Resources Generalist will be a valuable member in contributing to SCI’s future. Reporting to the Manager, Human Resources, this individual will be responsible for day-to-day administration to support White Glove operations and Contract Logistics in Quebec. This role will be responsible for carrying out several programs related to Human Resources as well as provide operational support in the following areas: recruitment & selection, employee onboarding, health & safety, disability management, payroll verification, HR analytics, and employee relations. Lastly, as a member of our core team, the right person for the role will be a leading example of our culture.
What does success look like?
- Your business partners are excited to collaborate with you! You support one another as a team and work together, leveraging everyone’s strengths.
- You can be depended on to see your commitments through and with good intentions.
- The duties and tasks supported by your role continuously improve with increased quality and fast speed to market.
- You will be responsible for general HR administrative duties, including employee correspondence, generating monthly/annual reports, HR analytics, etc.
- Support the administration of various HR programs, including the Attendance Awareness Program and Performance Management Program.
- Support the Disability Management program, including the workplace injury claims (WSIB) process, short-term disability (STD) process, long-term disability (LTD) process, and workplace accommodation cases.
- Support JHSC and Health & Safety programs, as well as Health & Safety reporting.
- You will coordinate and lead the full-cycle recruitment process, including drafting job postings, identifying recruitment strategies, advertising, screening, creating interview guides, scheduling and conducting interviews, extending offers, coordinating reference and criminal record checks.
- Facilitate the onboarding process for new employees, including arrival preparation and first-day orientations.
- Coordinate and lead the processing of bi-weekly payroll.
- You will conduct process documentation and accurate records maintenance and filing.
- You will participate in the development of departmental goals, objectives, and systems.
- Monitor the performance evaluation program.
- Maintain compliance with provincial regulations concerning employment.
- You will address employee relations and inquiries.
- Provide information to employees to enhance their understanding of benefits, pension, payroll, and other HR policies and procedures.
What you bring to the role:
- College or University degree in Business, Human Resources, or related field.
- CHRP designation is an asset.
- Minimum 3-years’ experience in Human Resources.
- Knowledge and practical experience with employment legislation, such as Employment Standards, Health and Safety, and WSIB, is an asset.
- Experience working in a unionized environment.
- Bilingualism in English and French is an asset.
- Demonstrated creativity and innovation in identifying unique methods for recruiting and selecting.
- You can effectively organize, prioritize, and manage multiple priorities.
- You apply critical thinking and analytical skills when problem-solving.
- You complete projects and tasks with tight deadlines on time, in scope, and with quality.
- When making decisions, you consider everyone and engage those who can add value to the process.
- You are nimble in your approach and prioritize with focus on what adds value to the client.
- You have strong computer skills, particularly in MS Office.
Who you are:
- You have the courage to think differently about how things get done every day to continuously improve and deliver even better results.
- The safety, health, and well-being of yourself and your team, is your first priority.
- Providing exceptional service is your passion.
- You uphold your commitments and make decisions with everyone in mind.
- You are energized by collaborating in a team environment, and enjoy supporting others to find success
- You embrace new things, are open to different perspectives, and adapt quickly to an evolving environment.
- You strive to go above and beyond to provide excellent service to customers.
- You maintain confidence during difficult times, and can adapt with ease to changing priorities.
- You have exceptional organizational, administrative, and self-management abilities, as well as a strong attention to detail.
- You have excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- You are able to travel and support multi-site locations.
Working at SCI:
At SCI, we support the success of every one of our teammates, which is why we offer a balanced compensation portfolio that supports your professional growth. Designed to encourage our people to lead with agility and strive for excellence, we are committed to delivering a competitive compensation portfolio. We are also committed to creating a safe and healthy environment and support that through our many programs! To top it off, professional exploration is our game. SCI offers services above and beyond your average 3PL organization. With that comes the opportunity to discover new strengths, learn new skills, and gain unique experiences by contributing to our several vertical lines of business.