North York, ON
Progistix-Solutions Inc., An SCI Company, is a recognized leader in the design and operation of world-class field service logistics networks. For over 30 years, SCI has been making its clients’ businesses even better by expertly planning & managing their supply chain & logistics requirements. SCI manages over $1 billion in inventory every day for Retail, Technology & Healthcare customers.
The Continuous Improvement and Quality Program Lead is responsible in leading the continuous improvement and Quality programs.
Key Job Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Drive a culture of continuous improvement by leading cross-divisional teams to improve processes and strive for excellence by enhancing the existing framework for improved customer satisfaction.
- Manage, lead, coach and mentor team members by providing quality results and trends.
- Lead the Quality Management System including the quality manuals, quality systems procedures, standard operating procedures, production procedures and related documents in accordance with national and international quality standards.
- Collate, analyze and monitor company processes and quality metrics against defined objective parameters to develop and implement new procedures
- Drive product and process improvement through detailed failure analysis for non-conformances
- Lead the investigation and resolution of customer concerns and significant internal quality issues including supplier related issues.
- Ensure that quality reports to customers are issued as required, and ensure frequent, effective communication with customers on all corrective actions plans.
- Act as a primary advisor to the Operations Management team on quality assurance issues
- Consult with management to resolve quality, production and efficiency issues.
- Track quality assurance metrics for the organization.
- Actively contributing to the data collection, trend analysis, investigations and improvements to quality process and products.
- Post-Secondary education and/or a combination of relevant experience and education
- Familiarity with 5S, Lean, Six Sigma, and Quality System Gap Analysis techniques with the ability to apply same in a practical, effective fashion.
- Thorough knowledge of third party logistics services and processes
- Recent and relevant SAP WM support experience in a logistics organization, an asset
- Familiarity with Radio Frequency (RF) equipment, an asset
- Excellent interpersonal and written/oral communication skills (process documentation experience an asset)
- Ability to analyze, plan, organize and prioritize effectively
- Proficiency using Microsoft office applications
- Demonstrated leadership capabilities
- Ability to take initiative, maintain confidentiality, meet deadlines and work in a team environment
- Must possess excellent time management skills to manage high volume in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
Progistix is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates with disabilities taking part in all aspects of the selection process.