Shift: Monday to Thursday- 7 AM to 530 PM (some flexibility required)
The Operations Manager is responsible for managing the day to day operations (people, process and systems) to ensure SLA’s and KPI’s are met on a daily, weekly, monthly basis. The OM has overall P&L responsibility and will be the key contact with the client. The successful candidate is a highly motivated, self-directed individual capable of creating a high performance operation through strong leadership, effective communication, delegation and coaching for efficiency and people development, detail-oriented and organized with a high level of personal and professional ethics.
- Manage, coach and develop a team consisting of warehouse Team Leaders, Operations Support Coordinators and Service Representatives
- Responsible for ensuring P & L, Service Level Agreements (SLAs) and Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) are met
- Responsible for managing the operation within budget guidelines
- Manage operational processes ensuring all clients’ requirements are consistently met and are up to date
- Responsible for ensuring that processes, and changes, are effectively deployed to ensure continuity of operational performance and client satisfaction
- Manages scope of responsibility through assigning and scheduling resources, monitoring deliverables and adjusting approach when required
- Lead and support the team in their involvement in Continuous Improvement (CI) initiatives
- Ensure company policies are communicated, applied and enforced and upheld by all team members
- Accountable for customer satisfaction and providing high quality service and work ethic while representing SCI Logistics
- Responsible for ensuring a safe, secure and fair work environment for all team members
- Foster a positive working environment for internal and external customers
- Other related duties or projects as required to meet the needs of the business
- Minimum 5 years’ managerial experience in a high volume 3PL environment (retail environment would be a definite asset) while managing and developing high performance teams
- Demonstrated effective direct communication with Clients both oral and written as well as with peers and executive level management
- Ability to execute results against strategy and meet critical deadlines
- Strong SAP experience as well as MS Office
- Proven problem solving and decision making skills
- Proven ability to create, manage and maintain strong customer relationships
- Very organized individual capable of multi-tasking and remaining calm under stressful circumstances
- Flexible with scheduling to meet the needs of the business
- High energy, self-motivated with self-confidence
SCI is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce.
Accommodations are available upon request for candidates with disabilities taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
We thank all candidates for applying, however, only successful candidates will be contacted for an interview.