At SCI our people make us even better, which is why we want you to be a part of our fast growing organization. SCI recognizes that having a great team is the key to success, which is why we attract and retain the right people with an employee experience that focuses on building trust, embracing change, and achieving our goals together. Any one of our 3000 industry experts will tell you that we take on some of Canada’s toughest service and logistic challenges in specialized transportation, technical services, and supply chain management. For 30 years, our proficient planning and flexible solutions have brought us top tier clients. With clear focus, operational excellence, and future growth at the core of our operation, we apply out-of-the-box thinking to deliver exceptional experiences that take our clients to the next level. Are you ready for your next challenge?
The Engineering Specialist, Implementations will be a valuable member in contributing to SCI’s future. Reporting into the Senior Director, Solutions & Product, this individual will be responsible for developing and supporting innovative supply chain solutions and continuous improvement initiatives for SCI’s new or existing clients. The Engineering Specialist, Implementations will work directly with the Solutions Design, Implementations and Operations teams to support business analysis, detailed facility design and capacity forecasting, as well as inventory configuration and location mapping. In addition, the Engineering Specialist, Implementations will provide support to the Product Development team in assessing new products, primarily related to automation and mechanization, all to enable SCI to achieve our short and long term business objectives. Lastly, as a member of our core team, the right person for the role will be a leading example of our culture.
What success looks like:
• You provide a strong ability to analyse and draw summary conclusions from complex design and operational data.
• You provide exceptional facility layout and design skills, with technical engineering knowledge to ensure proper placement of equipment, electrical, etc.
• You are a trusted partner supporting the Operations and Implementations teams through the execution and build out of the final operational design.
• You support the Solutions & Implementations CI target achievement through leading the cross-functional initiatives, reviewing and tracking key projects and initiatives across the team.
• You support the Senior Director of Solutions, Implementations and Product Development with efficient executive reporting related to key projects across the functional team.
• Your business partners are excited to collaborate with you! You support one another as a team and work together, leveraging everyone’s strengths.
• You are depended on to see your commitments through and with good intentions.
• Support attainment of SCI annual target new business revenues.
• Demonstrate a clear understanding of corporate vision, culture and goals and incorporate these into all business solution designs and continuous improvement initiatives.
• Perform other duties as assigned by direct manager in support of SCI’s continued growth and success.
What you bring to the role:
• Bachelor Degree in Industrial Engineering or related field.
• Experience in facility design and optimization, warehouse operations, supply chain, Third Party Logistics, transportation or a related field.
• You are able to balance multiple projects and deliver quality results on time.
• You have excellent analytical, organizational and problem solving skills, as well as a strong attention to detail.
• You stay current with industry trends and provide recommendations that support company growth.
• When making decisions, you consider everyone and engage those who can add value to the process.
• Strong knowledge of Warehouse Management Systems (WMS) and Transportation Management Systems (TMS).
• Strong competency with database, spreadsheet, AutoCAD, and presentation software.
Who you are:
• You are passionate about data analytics, facility design and optimization.
• You are driven to achieve and enable others to deliver operational excellence.
• You are comfortable balancing multiple projects, supporting different managers, ensuring prioritization and alignment with key stakeholders.
• You have the courage to think differently about how things get done to continuously improve and deliver even better results every day.
• The safety, health, and well-being of yourself and other team members is your first priority.
• You uphold your commitments and make decisions with everyone in mind.
• You are energized by collaborating in a team environment, and enjoy supporting others to find success.
• You embrace new things, are open to different perspectives, and adapt quickly to an evolving environment.
• You establish and reinforce a culture of exceptional customer service.
Working at SCI:
First and foremost, at SCI, we are committed to creating a safe and healthy work environment, which is why we support our people with programs that serve the health and wellness of everyone. We also recognize that business moves quickly, and we strongly believe that success in our fast-paced environment is defined by the achievements of all our employees. We pride ourselves in the collaborative approach we apply to our work, and with a flat organizational structure, each employee at SCI is empowered to make a difference every day. Our people find success through their desire to discover new strengths, learn new skills, and gain unique experiences. With a balanced compensation portfolio, we encourage our people to lead with agility and strive for excellence.
SCI is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates with disabilities taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
We thank all candidates for applying, however, only successful candidates will be contacted for an interview.<br>