Salary: $50,000.00 /year
At SCI our people make us even better, which is why we want you to be a part of our fast growing organization. SCI recognizes that having a great team is the key to success, which is why we attract and retain the right people with an employee experience that focuses on building trust, embracing change, and achieving our goals together. Any one of our 3000 industry experts will tell you that we take on some of Canada’s toughest service and logistic challenges in specialized transportation, technical services, and supply chain management. For 30 years, our proficient planning and flexible solutions have brought us top tier clients. With clear focus, operational excellence, and future growth at the core of our operation, we apply out-of-the-box thinking to deliver exceptional experiences that take our clients to the next level. Are you ready for your next challenge?
The Human Resources Generalist will be a valuable member in contributing to SCI’s future. Supporting the operation, this individual will be responsible for the day to day administration of support of operations within our facility in Mississauga. This role will be responsible for carrying out several tasks related to Human Resources, providing operational support to the following areas: recruitment and selection, employee onboarding, disability management, payroll verification, HR analytics and employee and relations. Lastly, as a member of our core team, the right person for the role will be a leading example of our culture.
What success looks like:
- Your HR team is excited to collaborate with you! You support one another as a team and work together, leveraging everyone’s strengths.
- You can be depended on to see your commitments through and with good intentions.
- You will oversee the bi-weekly time and attendance processing for payroll purposes for all employees at site level, working alongside the Corporate Payroll Department to:
- Review employee timecards, for accuracy and completeness, in time and attendance system (Kronos);
- Process payroll corrections in Kronos and run various reports from Kronos and SAP (HRIS system) including attendance reports
- Ensure new hires are set up properly and have hours for their first payroll
- Entering working schedules in Kronos
- Completing status change forms for employee information changes/updates
- Create, maintain and complete payroll auditing reports and processes as required
- Calculate payout amounts for employees that participate in various incentive programs run throughout the year
- Calculate annual vacation entitlements for hourly employees
- Act as the subject matter expert for the Kronos time and attendance system for new and existing members of Management; provide training/SOPs when required
- First point of contact for Team Leaders, Managers and employees for time and attendance and payroll related inquiries
- Responsible for overseeing SAP (HRIS system) to ensure accurate recording, maintaining, and reporting of human resource information, updating employee files, status changes, address changes
- Support the Disability Management program, including the workplace accommodation program, short-term disability (STD) process, long-term disability (LTD) process, and Return to Work plans. Proactive management of non-occupational claims
- Serve as a contact and liaison when a worker is ill or injured (non-occupational), identify and assess injuries and illnesses within scope of practice, assess medical and functional ability documentation to return to work; identify and develop modified return to work plans for the ill or injured employee; assess, monitor and adjust return to work plans based on medically supported documentation in a timely manner; identify and address barriers to return to work; negotiate modified and return to work abilities
- Manage and oversee maternity leaves, parental leaves and any other personal leave of absences; ensuring proper paperwork is completed and submitted to Payroll accordingly
- Provide information to employees to enhance their understanding of benefits, pension, payroll, and other HR policies and procedures
- Willing to step in and assist any member of the HR team with other job duties and responsibilities
What you bring to the role:
- College or University degree in Business, Human Resources, or related field.
- CHRP designation is an asset.
- Minimum 3-years’ experience in Human Resources.
- Knowledge and practical experience with employment legislation, such as Employment Standards, Health and Safety, and WSIB, is an asset.
- Previous experience with Kronos is an asset.
- You can effectively organize, prioritize, and manage multiple priorities.
- You apply critical thinking and analytical skills when problem-solving.
- You complete projects and tasks with tight deadlines on time, in scope, and with quality.
- When making decisions, you consider everyone and engage those who can add value to the process.
- You have strong computer skills, particularly in MS Office.
Who you are:
- You have the courage to think differently about how things get done every day to continuously improve and deliver even better results.
- The safety, health, and well-being of yourself and your team, is your first priority.
- Providing exceptional service is your passion.
- You uphold your commitments and make decisions with everyone in mind.
- You are energized by collaborating in a team environment, and enjoy supporting others to find success
- You embrace new things, are open to different perspectives, and adapt quickly to an evolving environment.
- You maintain confidence during difficult times, and can adapt with ease to changing priorities.
- You have exceptional organizational, administrative, and self-management abilities, as well as a strong attention to detail.
- You have excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
Application deadline: 2021-02-22