Role: The Product Re-Certification Technician is responsible for the end to end process of testing, troubleshooting, repairing, configuring, and cleaning Xerox machines that have returned for refurbishment. The Product Re-Certification Technician is responsible for meeting daily and weekly productivity goals set out by the Supervisor. Machines being refurbished include, black & white, and colour models; as well as floor and desktop model multi-function printers/copiers. Xerox repair background is an absolute asset. Ability to troubleshoot multi-function printers is a must.
- Testing, troubleshooting, and repairing used Xerox devices
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, specifically Excel, and Outlook
- Ability to work in a high paced environment where there are multiple priorities to be managed
- Able to ensure that SLA requirements are being met for orders and escalate to management for support when needed
- Demonstrates strong attention to detail
- Ability to maintain a well-organized and clean work area, and follow procedures and guidelines
- Ability to work under minimal supervision, a self-starter, and to demonstrate initiative
- Meet all health and safety guidelines as required
- Two (2) years’ experience in a fast paced, logistics environment.
- Technical experience with multi-function devices.
- Ability to read, comprehend, and interpret Xerox service manuals
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- A sense of urgency to meet productivity targets
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and work effectively under pressure
- High level of integrity and honesty
- Ability to take direction and follow practices and procedures consistently and accurately
- Flexible to work weekends and/or overtime as required with start times subject to change based on needs of the business.
- Excellent time management skills
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment