Shift: Monday – Thursday 6:00 pm – 4:30 am
Our people make us even better, which is why we want you to be a part of our fast growing organization. SCI recognizes that having a great team is the key to success, which is why we attract and retain the right people with an employee experience that focuses on building trust, embracing change, and achieving our goals together. Any one of our 3000 industry experts will tell you that we take on some of Canada’s toughest service and logistic challenges in specialized transportation, technical services, and supply chain management. For 30 years, our proficient planning and flexible solutions have brought us top tier clients. With clear focus, operational excellence, and future growth at the core of our operation, we apply out-of-the-box thinking to deliver exceptional experiences that take our clients to the next level. Are you ready for your next challenge?
The Facilities Equipment Technician will diagnose problems and implement solutions, perform preventative maintenance work, utilize a number of tools and have an understanding of a variety of utility systems for a warehouse fulfilment center with a focus on conveyor systems.
What success looks like:
- Perform general maintenance and repairs (including mechanical, electrical, and plumbing).
- Conduct regular inspections and troubleshoot systems and components as required in the warehouse with minimum downtime.
- Conduct regularly assigned preventative maintenance, thorough inspections of mechanical and electrical systems including conveyor systems, air compressor systems, lighting, and racking.
- Should be versed with pipe cutting, bending and threading equipment, have a good understanding of pumps, valves and applications.
- Must have knowledge of pneumatic and hydraulic systems and installations, power transmission systems, chains, belts, gear drives, speed reducers and pulley ratios
- Minor plumbing, general repairs and Material Handling Equipment including battery watering
- Must be able to read mechanical blue prints, do some arc and gas welding as well as cutting with a torch.
- Liaise with contractors as required.
- Maintain a safe working environment with good housekeeping.
- Perform any and all other assignments from time to time as management directs
What you bring to the role:
- High School diploma or equivalent education
- Demonstrated experience working in a fast-paced warehouse environment, continually adapting to change and ability to work under pressure
- Valid MHE licenses for Order Picker, Reach Truck, Dock Stocker, Walkie, Sky Jack and Working at Heights
- Familiarity and conformance with legislated requirements of the OHSA
- Effective interpersonal, communication skills, time management and organizational skills
- Ability to work a flexible schedule and overtime if required
- Proficient with Microsoft Office and preventive maintenance software
- Must be able to work in a variety of physical positions, including sitting, standing for long periods, and walking
- Ability to lift up to 50lbs on a continual basis
Working at SCI:
First and foremost, at SCI, we are committed to creating a safe and healthy work environment, which is why we support our people with programs that serve the health and wellness of everyone. We also recognize that business moves quickly, and we strongly believe that success in our fast-paced environment is defined by the achievements of all our employees. We pride ourselves in the collaborative approach we apply to our work, and with a flat organizational structure, each employee at SCI is empowered to make a difference every day. Our people find success through their desire to discover new strengths, learn new skills, and gain unique experiences. With a balanced compensation portfolio, we encourage our people to lead with agility and strive for excellence.
SCI is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates with disabilities taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
We thank all candidates for applying, however, only successful candidates will be contacted for an interview.