At SCI our people make us great, which is why we want you to be a part of our growing organization that recognizes building trust, embracing change, and achieving our goals together as keys to success. SCI is Canada’s leading third party logistics provider. For over 30 years, we have provided our clients with expert planning, flexible solutions, and an exceptional experience. Our projects are created and deployed with focus, excellence, and future in mind to ensure our client’s unique supply chain & logistics needs are met.
The available 1 year contract of a Payroll Administrator will be a valuable member in contributing to SCI’s future. The Payroll Administrator will be responsible for the accurate and timely processing of payroll, performing various clerical and accounting tasks such as data management and keeping employee information that is relevant to payroll purposes up to date. The Payroll Administrator is a member of Total Rewards and Corporate Services team and provides support to other roles within the department as required. This exciting opportunity is located in Etobicoke, ON. Lastly, as a member of our core team, the right person for the role will be a model citizen of culture at SCI. This is a fantastic opportunity for a motivated self-starter to learn and grow in the corporate HR environment. The successful candidate will learn HRIS and payroll systems, end to end HR administration process and hands on payroll practice, get to understand business requirements, including the uniqueness of union rules, and get exposure to the total rewards and HRIS functions.
What does success look like?
- Your teammates are excited to collaborate with you! You support one another as a team and work together, leveraging everyones strengths.
- You can be depended on to see your commitments through and with good intentions.
- Process multiple payrolls, employee transactions, including new hire, termination, status changes, etc. by performing data entry into SAP HR, ensure accuracy and timeliness.
- Ensure HR site representatives validate timesheets and payroll files are validated and errors are reported and resolved.
- Reconcile and process bi-weekly and monthly cheque requests
- Maintain hourly employee vacation tracking log on a timely manner.
- Maintain digital and physical employee files as related to payroll and employee benefits.
- Assist in various payroll audit by locating and preparing paperwork as per request.
- Actively participate in the continuous improvement initiative by constantly reviewing current processes and practices to identify opportunities to improve efficiency and effectiveness.
- Perform other administrative duties as assigned.
What you bring to the role:
- Canadian Payroll designation or working towards completion.
- Working knowledge of SAP HR preferred.
- Demonstrated knowledge of payroll and payroll tax laws required.
- Minimum 1 to 3 years work experience in a payroll department required.
- When making decisions, you are considerate of doing what is right for all stakeholders.
- You are nimble in your approach to adapt to new business endeavors and prioritize with focus on what adds value to the client.
- Computer literacy, including working knowledge of MS Word, Excel and e-mail required
Who you are:
- You have the courage to think differently about how things get done every day to continuously improve and deliver even better results.
- The safety, health, and well-being of yourself and your team, is your first priority.
- Providing exceptional service is your passion. You uphold your commitments and make decisions with everyone in mind.
- You are energized by collaborating in a team environment, support others to find success, and participate and celebrate
- You embrace new things, are open to different perspectives, and adapt quickly to an evolving environment.
- Highly developed interpersonal, collaboration skills with track record of working well in a team environment
- Ability to exercise full discretion and confidentiality with information in an ethical and professional manner.
- Excellent communication skills, fluent in oral and written English, with ability to effectively communicate with internal and external customers.
- Excellent Time Management skills
If this sounds like you, Apply Now!