Position: Human Resources Generalist
Location: 233 Madill Blvd., Mississauga, ON
Reporting to: Human Resources Manager
At SCI our people make us even better, which is why we want you to be a part of our fast growing organization. SCI recognizes that having a great team is the key to success, which is why we attract and retain the right people with an employee experience that focuses on building trust, embracing change, and achieving our goals together. Any one of our 3000 industry experts will tell you that we take on some of Canada’s toughest service and logistic challenges in specialized transportation, technical services, and supply chain management. For 30 years, our proficient planning and flexible solutions have brought us top tier clients. With clear focus, operational excellence, and future growth at the core of our operation, we apply out-of-the-box thinking to deliver exceptional experiences that take our clients to the next level. Are you ready for your next challenge?
The Human Resources Generalist will be a valuable member in contributing to SCI’s future. Supporting the operation, this individual will be responsible for the day to day administration of support of operations within our facility in Mississauga. This role will be responsible for carrying out several tasks related to Human Resources, providing operational support to the following areas: recruitment and selection, employee onboarding, health & safety, disability management, payroll verification, HR analytics and employee and relations. Lastly, as a member of our core team, the right person for the role will be a leading example of our culture.
What success looks like:
- Your business partners are excited to collaborate with you! You support one another as a team and work together, leveraging everyone’s strengths.
- You can be depended on to see your commitments through and with good intentions.
- The duties and tasks supported by your role continuously improve with increased quality and fast speed to market.
- You will be responsible for general HR administrative duties, including employee correspondence, generating monthly/annual reports, HR analytics, etc.
- Support the administration of various HR programs, including the Attendance Awareness Program and Performance Management Program.
- Support the Disability Management program, including the workplace accommodation program, short-term disability (STD) process, long-term disability (LTD) process, and Return to Work plans. Proactive management of non-occupational claims;
- Serve as a contact and liaison when a worker is ill or injured (non-occupational), identify and assess injuries and illnesses within scope of practice, assess medical and functional ability documentation to return to work; identify and develop modified return to work plans for the ill or injured employee; assess, monitor and adjust return to work plans based on medically supported documentation in a timely manner; identify and address barriers to return to work; negotiate modified and return to work abilities.
- Designs, develops, manages, and measures employee relations and engagement initiatives that will contribute to a positive employee experience
- Research, designs and recommends strategies to increase employee engagement
- Develops and executes employee relation policies, practices and programs that fully support the business objectives
- Researches and recommends initiatives to enhance employee relationships, recognition and rewards.
- You will conduct process documentation and accurate records maintenance and filing.
- You will participate in the development of departmental goals, objectives, and systems.
- Maintain compliance with provincial regulations concerning employment.
- You will address employee relations and inquiries.
- Provide information to employees to enhance their understanding of benefits, pension, payroll, and other HR policies and procedures.
What you bring to the role:
- College or University degree in Business, Human Resources, or related field.
- CHRP designation is an asset.
- Minimum 3-years’ experience in Human Resources.
- Knowledge and practical experience with employment legislation, such as Employment Standards, Health and Safety, and WSIB, is an asset.
- Demonstrated creativity and innovation in identifying unique methods for recruiting and selecting.
- You can effectively organize, prioritize, and manage multiple priorities.
- You apply critical thinking and analytical skills when problem-solving.
- You complete projects and tasks with tight deadlines on time, in scope, and with quality.
- When making decisions, you consider everyone and engage those who can add value to the process.
- You are nimble in your approach and prioritize with focus on what adds value to the client.
- You have strong computer skills, particularly in MS Office.
Who you are:
- You have the courage to think differently about how things get done every day to continuously improve and deliver even better results.
- The safety, health, and well-being of yourself and your team, is your first priority.
- Providing exceptional service is your passion.
- You uphold your commitments and make decisions with everyone in mind.
- You are energized by collaborating in a team environment, and enjoy supporting others to find success
- You embrace new things, are open to different perspectives, and adapt quickly to an evolving environment.
- You maintain confidence during difficult times, and can adapt with ease to changing priorities.
- You have exceptional organizational, administrative, and self-management abilities, as well as a strong attention to detail.
- You have excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
Working at SCI:
First and foremost, at SCI, we are committed to creating a safe and healthy work environment, which is why we support our people with programs that serve the health and wellness of everyone. We also recognize that business moves quickly, and we strongly believe that success in our fast-paced environment is defined by the achievements of all our employees. We pride ourselves in the collaborative approach we apply to our work, and with a flat organizational structure, each employee at SCI is empowered to make a difference every day. Our people find success through their desire to discover new strengths, learn new skills, and gain unique experiences. With a balanced compensation portfolio, we encourage our people to lead with agility and strive for excellence.
SCI is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates with disabilities taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
We thank all candidates for applying, however, only successful candidates will be contacted for an interview.