SCI believes our people make us even better, which is why we want you to be a part of our fast growing organization. SCI recognizes that having a great team is the key to success, which is why we attract and retain the right people with an employee experience that focuses on building trust, embracing change, and achieving our goals together. Any one of our 3000 industry experts will tell you that we take on some of Canada’s toughest service and logistic challenges in specialized transportation, technical services, and supply chain management. For 30 years, our proficient planning and flexible solutions have brought us top tier clients. With clear focus, operational excellence, and future growth at the core of our operation, we apply out-of-the-box thinking to deliver exceptional experiences that take our clients to the next level.
At SCI, we are committed to creating a safe and healthy work environment, which is why we support our people with programs that serve the health and wellness of everyone. We also recognize that business moves quickly, and we strongly believe that success in our fast-paced environment is defined by the achievements of all our employees. We pride ourselves in the collaborative approach we apply to our work, and with a flat organizational structure, each employee at SCI is empowered to make a difference every day. Our people find success through their desire to discover new strengths, learn new skills, and gain unique experiences. With a balanced compensation portfolio, we encourage our people to lead with agility and strive for excellence. Are you ready for your next challenge?
The Operations Supervisor position reports directly to the Operations Manager and requires the ability to be involved in a variety of tasks which call for drive, accuracy and precision. The incumbent should have a need to achieve results in a logical manner, while at the same time maintaining quality and ensuring standards are met. The position requires someone who is capable of communicating facts and information to others.
- Leading the team in achieving daily SLAs and KPIs through tracking productivity results against the actual targets. Provide the necessary coaching and training to assist employees in achieving the daily targets.
- Provide input and suggestions to the Operations Manager on productivity improvement processes and operational growth.
- Work with the Operations Manager in managing the labour planning daily and during the peak product launch periods to ensure operational success.
- Performance manage employees to ensure adherence to company policies, procedures and KPIs
- Conduct quarterly and annual performance reviews for all employees.
- Facilitate daily shift start up meetings to effectively communicate all pertinent information regarding process changes, goals and objectives.
- Cross train employees in various functions to improve labour costs and efficiencies.
- Provide or coordinate operational training for new hires.
- Participate in Client calls and provide operational updates when required.
- Communication with Client via email or phone to resolve any discrepancies or concerns directly or through the Operations Manager.
Health and Safety
- Ensure work areas are hazard free and clear of any potential hazards through regular site inspections and corrective actions.
- Ensure all safety policies, procedures and programs are adhered to at all times.
- Participate in training and assist Human Resources in the coordination of training sessions for the hourly employees.
- Communicate Health and Safety awareness as needed.
- Resolve any health and safety concerns/issues immediately. If unable to, escalate it to the Operations Manager or Joint Health and Safety Committee.
- Effectively respond to injuries through appropriate medical treatment and suitable duties accommodation.
- Ensure compliance with load inspections, non-standard pallets, trailer security (seals) and pallet heights for inbound.
- Review and approve all employees’ time using the Kronos timekeeping system.
- Create reports to submit to the Operations Manager when required
- Back-up other leadership roles when required
- Minimum of 3 years previous supervisory experience in a fast paced, logistics environment.
- Flexibility with schedule, this is a 2-shift (Days & Afternoons) facility and the supervisors rotate on a quarterly basis.
- Level 2 First Aid Certification an asset
- Excellent leadership capabilities and interpersonal, communication and written skills.
- Thorough knowledge of 3rd party logistics services and processes is an asset
- Proficiency using Microsoft office applications
- Post-secondary education and/or a combination of relevant experience and education.
- Experience with report generation using Warehouse Management Systems (AS400, Manhattan Scale, etc.).
We thank all candidates for applying, however, only successful candidates will be contacted for an interview