The Team Lead will be a valuable member in contributing to SCI’s future. Supporting the Operations Manager, this individual will be responsible for leading a functional group to achieve daily Service Level Agreements (SLA’s) and operational objectives. This role will also involve creating and fostering positive and collaborative team interactions in a multi-client environment. Furthermore, the Team Lead will communicate with clients, and lead daily/weekly operational calls to plan production priorities. The key accountabilities for this position include leadership, communication, employee development, planning, and decision making. All of these accountabilities combined will ensure continuous improvement of our standard operating procedures. The successful candidate must be available to work flexible hours when required. Lastly, as a member of our core team, the right person for the role will be a leading example of our culture.
What success looks like?
- Your business partners are excited to collaborate with you! You support one another as a team and work together, leveraging everyone’s strengths.
- You are depended on to see your commitments through and with good intentions.
- The duties and tasks supported by your role continuously improve with increased quality and fast speed to market.
- You will maximize productivity by effectively allocating available resources to process daily work volumes across multiple accounts.
- Effectively communicate all pertinent information regarding process changes, goals, objectives, and operational results to employees through daily shift meetings.
- You will lead daily/weekly calls with the Production team on business-to-business orders for Kitting.
- Communicate directly with clients and their supply chain team to implement initiatives to improve on current processes and build better customer experiences.
- Resolve employee relation issues in a timely manner, and escalate when required.
- You will provide hands-on direction of all activities to ensure customer and corporate requirements are met.
- Assist in monthly and quarterly assessments and forecasts of our organization’s financial performance against budgeted, financial, and operational goals.
- You will ensure Health & Safety practices are adhered to, including coaching team members on safe work practices, enforcing company policies and procedures, and serving as a positive role model with respect to safe work practices.
- Participation in decision-making processes involving warehouse issues or improvements.
- You will deliver effective performance management by utilizing productivity reports and providing one-on-one coaching to your team.
- Provide daily updates to management on shipping, receiving and ongoing projects.
- You will adhere to SCI Logistics’ Quality Principles and Account specific Standard Operating Procedures.
- Comprehend and administer all relevant policies and procedures in a fair and consistent manner.
What you bring to the role:
- Post-Secondary education in Logistics, Supply Chain Management or a related discipline is preferred.
- Minimum 5 years of supervisory experience in a fast-paced, logistics environment.
- Proven experience with Radio-Frequency (RF) technology and Warehouse Management Systems is required; SAP experience is preferred.
- Background in Quality Assurance/Compliance is an asset.
- Experience working in a LEAN environment and assisting in the implementation of continuous improvement programs is an asset.
- Demonstrated financial and managerial reporting experience.
- Demonstrated leadership experience in the areas of communication, conflict management, diversity management, goal setting, and performance measurement.
- Demonstrated ability to mentor, coach, and drive performance of your direct reports.
- Knowledge of all relevant hygiene, health & safety legislation, as well as safe working procedures.
- You are able to work in a fast-paced, large volume, high-intensity environment, with a drive to meet/exceed measurable metrics.
- You are an initiative-taker, who thinks proactively to continuously improve operations.
- You have strong analytical skills coupled with an ability to work through problems with a solutions-focused approach.
- You are an extremely organized individual capable of multi-tasking in dynamic environments.
- When making decisions, you consider everyone and engage those who can add value to the process.
- You are adaptable in your approach and prioritize with focus on what adds value to the client.
- Excellent PC skills, including Microsoft Access, Excel, and Word.
- Who you are:*
- You have the courage to think differently about how things get done to continuously improve and deliver even better results every day.
- The safety, health, and well-being of yourself and your team, is your first priority.
- Providing exceptional service is your passion.
- You uphold your commitments and make decisions with everyone in mind.
- You are energized by collaborating in a team environment, and enjoy supporting others to find success
- You align team members through clear articulation of direction and expectations.
- You embrace new things, are open to different perspectives, and adapt quickly to an evolving environment.
- You have excellent verbal and written communication skills, and are capable of working effectively with all levels of an organization, from warehouse team members to senior management.
- You maintain focus, an open mind, and a positive perspective in times of change.
- You have an energetic attitude and strive to celebrate personal and team achievements every day.