*SCI our people make us even better, which is why we want you to be a part of our fast growing organization. SCI recognizes that having a great team is the key to success, which is why we attract and retain the right people with an employee experience that focuses on building trust, embracing change, and achieving our goals together. Any one of our 3000 industry experts will tell you that we take on some of Canada’s toughest service and logistic challenges in specialized transportation, technical services, and supply chain management. For 30 years, our proficient planning and flexible solutions have brought us top tier clients. With clear focus, operational excellence, and future growth at the core of our operation, we apply out-of-the-box thinking to deliver exceptional experiences that take our clients to the next level. Are you ready for your next challenge?
The Senior Financial Analyst will be a valuable member in contributing to SCI’s future. Supporting the Senior Finance Manager, this individual will work closely with the Finance Team to ensure accurate financial reporting and sound decision-making. The Senior Financial Analyst will be responsible for improving the financial status of SCI by analyzing results, monitoring variances, identifying trends, and assisting with monthly forecasting. This role will require excellent analytical and communication skills, as well as the drive to provide an exceptional service experience for both internal and external clients. Lastly, as a member of our core team, the right person for the role will be a leading example of our culture.
What success looks like:
- Your business partners are excited to collaborate with you! You support one another as a team and work together, leveraging everyone’s strengths.
- You are depended on to see your commitments through and with good intentions.
- The duties and tasks supported by your role continuously improve with increased quality and fast speed to market.
- You will assist in maintaining the accuracy of the P&L and financial reporting.
- Prepare month-end CO Entries and Accruals.
- Prepare post month-end financial variance analysis and reporting.
- You will maintain reporting of key operational and financial metrics.
- Assist in the development of annual budgets and monthly re-forecasts.
- Prepare financial business cases in order to justify investment decisions.
- Support the development, tracking, and auditing of continuous improvement initiatives.
- You will collaborate with Operations and Finance to ensure month-end close is accomplished consistently within 5 business days.
What you bring to the role:
- Post-Secondary education in Business Administration or Accounting and/or previous related experience (CPA is an asset).
- Minimum of 3-4 years of experience as a Financial Analyst
- Experience in a third-party logistics (3PL), Manufacturing, or Retail environment is considered an asset.
- You have experience with budgeting and P&L management.
- You apply critical thinking and analytical skills when problem solving, and have demonstrated experience doing so.
- You operate with integrity to do what is right for your team and the business as a whole.
- You take personal ownership over decisions, actions and outcomes.
- When making decisions, you consider everyone and engage those who can add value to the process.
- You are adaptable in your approach and prioritize with focus on what adds value to the client.
- You are proficient with all operational systems, including SAP and MS Office applications.
Who you are:
- You have the courage to think differently about how things get done to continuously improve and deliver even better results every day.
- The safety, health, and well-being of yourself and your team, is your first priority.
- Providing exceptional service is your passion.
- You uphold your commitments and make decisions with everyone in mind.
- You are energized by collaborating in a team environment, and enjoy supporting others to find success.
- You embrace new things, are open to different perspectives, and adapt quickly to an evolving environment.
- You have a proven ability to create, manage, and maintain strong relationships with internal and external customers.
- You are extremely organized and capable of multi-tasking and remaining calm under stressful circumstances.
- You self-manage growth and development, and make a personal effort to improve every day.
- You have sound interpersonal and communication skills, both oral and written.
Working at SCI:
First and foremost, at SCI, we are committed to creating a safe and healthy work environment, which is why we support our people with programs that serve the health and wellness of everyone. We also recognize that business moves quickly, and we strongly believe that success in our fast-paced environment is defined by the achievements of all our employees. We pride ourselves in the collaborative approach we apply to our work, and with a flat organizational structure, each employee at SCI is empowered to make a difference every day. Our people find success through their desire to discover new strengths, learn new skills, and gain unique experiences. With a balanced compensation portfolio, we encourage our people to lead with agility and strive for excellence.