At SCI our people make us even better, which is why we want you to be a part of our fast growing organization. SCI recognizes that having a great team is the key to success, which is why we attract and retain the right people with an employee experience that focuses on building trust, embracing change, and achieving our goals together. Any one of our 3000 industry experts will tell you that we take on some of Canada’s toughest service and logistic challenges in specialized transportation, technical services and supply chain management. For 30 years, our proficient planning and flexible solutions have brought us top tier clients. With clear focus, operational excellence and future growth at the core of our operation, we apply out-of-the-box thinking to deliver exceptional experiences that take our clients to the next level. Are you ready for your next challenge?
The Senior Manager, Applications will be a valuable team member in contributing to SCI’s future. Supporting the Director of Applications Integration and Support, this individual will interface with SCI Group’s business areas, managers and system users to define, design, implement, train and provide on-going support to the systems to enable SCI’s key business processes. This “hands-on” role will work closely with an extended cross-functional team of technical and operations subject matter experts and managers. The Senior Manager, Applications will directly manage the Applications Architects, ABAP Development and Support Staff teams responsible for IT based business solutions in the support of Contract Logistics Clients. The successful candidate will be expected to be a hands-on contributor to all assigned projects. Furthermore, this position will require participation in on-call and after-hours support when needed. Lastly, as a member of our core team, the right person for the role will be a leading example of our culture.
What success looks like:
- Your business partners are excited to collaborate with you! You support one another as a team and work together, leveraging everyone’s strengths.
- You are depended on to see your commitments through with good intentions.
- The duties and tasks supported by your role continuously improve with increased quality and fast speed to market.
- You will direct the day-to-day activities of the contract logistics application support team to manage and support the production environment to ensure continuation of service.
- Build out and enable the super user network across various business locations across SCI.
- Contribute to the definition and implementation of processes that enable the measurement, management, standardization and continuous improvement of key support service management activities.
- You will take actions to continually improve the team’s operational performance as it relates to application design and technical code development.
- Lead quality assurance activities, such as reviewing requirement documents, business process documents and reviewing unit test results.
- Ensure that the team’s processes are reviewed, designed and developed to align to overall IT goals, business requirements and SCI strategic goals.
- Identify and drive opportunities for business process improvements through introducing redesign in existing systems, adopting new functionalities available in other systems or introducing logistics and IT best practices.
- You will ensure adherence to SLA’s and established change management processes, as well as conform to all standards and regulations.
What you bring to the role:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Operations Management and/or Supply Chain Management, Management Information Systems, Engineering, Mathematics, Business Administration or a related discipline.
- Ideally certification in a module of SAP (especially in eWM, WM or SD), a Business Analyst Professional (CBAP) Certification, a Supply Chain Professional (CSCP) Certification, and/or a Production and Inventory Management (CPIM) Certification.
- 10 years’ experience implementing/supporting SAP-WM in diverse environments (e.g. Configuration of WM – Bin and Storage Locations, Movement Types, Picking and Putaway Strategies, Serialization, Batch Management), with preference given to those with additional SD configuration experience in SAP Transportation Management.
- A minimum of 5 years of Business Analysis experience, project management, development or team leadership experience.
- Project Management experience in Warehouse Management and Transportation Management.
- Experience supporting a portfolio of tier 1 warehouse management and transportation management systems including SAP WM and SAP SD, Descartes Scancode, XPS/Connectship, automation systems, as well as other IT logistic systems.
- Experience with integration to third party systems using HTML, EDI, Webmethods, etc.
- Experience in SAP Transportation Management, automated testing tools, and BPM tools is an asset.
- Experience directing the day-to-day and planning short term activities of a technical support team.
- Proven people management and leadership skills that facilitate collaboration with others to build a nimble team while coordinating multiple projects with competing priorities and deadlines.
- Experience performing data migration activities (e.g. LSMW for inventory loads).
- Knowledge of IT project management approaches including SDLC and Agile.
- You make realistic commitments and engage the right people to deliver projects and tasks on-time.
- Align team members through clear articulation of direction and expectations.
- You apply critical thinking and analytical skills when problem-solving.
- Demonstrated accuracy in producing reports and projects with a strong attention to detail.
- When making decisions, you consider everyone and engage those who can add value to the process.
- You are adaptable in your approach and prioritize with focus on what adds value to the client.
- You have a good understanding of SAP problem solving approach (logs, dumps, OSS notes, etc.).
- Knowledge of Radio Frequency (Functional) systems with the ability to design custom WM RF transactions is an asset.
- Proficiency with flowcharting and other workflow modeling tools.
- Knowledge of third-party Bar Code systems (e.g. Loftware, Bar Tender) is an asset.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office products (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project and Visio).
Who you are:
- You have the courage to think differently about how things get done to continuously improve and deliver even better results every day.
- The safety, health and well-being of yourself and your team is your first priority.
- Providing exceptional service is your passion.
- You uphold your commitments and make decisions with everyone in mind.
- You are energized by collaborating in a team environment and enjoy supporting others to find success.
- You embrace new things, are open to different perspectives and adapt quickly to an evolving environment.
- You make decisions keeping the delivery of superior service to all stakeholders in mind.
- You work well with diverse groups of people and can communicate a clear vision of client and business needs to others.
- You have the ability to motivate and support your team while influencing and leading others in achieving the desired results.
- You participate actively in multi-disciplinary work teams to achieve the successful execution of complex implementation projects.
- You cooperate and support others by encouraging participation and actively listening to their opinions and ideas.
- You are an energetic, flexible, dynamic leader who can help the team reach its maximum potential.
- You have the ability to work at a detailed level to quickly identify critical issues, focusing on efficient resolutions, while understanding the impact of business application-specific details.
- You are a business focused professional that challenges the status quo and drives efficiency.
- You have excellent verbal and written communication skills and can communicate effectively with internal and external clients, as well as all levels of staff in order to exchange information, generate ideas, resolve problems and answer inquiries.
- You ask clarifying and probing questions during interactions so that you are able to discern the needs that underlie the spoken words.
- You have excellent negotiation skills that allow you to reach win-win outcomes.
- You are able to work with a high degree of autonomy.
Working at SCI:
First and foremost, at SCI, we are committed to creating a safe and healthy work environment, which is why we support our people with programs that serve the health and wellness of everyone. We also recognize that business moves quickly, and we strongly believe that success in our fast-paced environment is defined by the achievements of all our employees. We pride ourselves in the collaborative approach we apply to our work, and with a flat organizational structure, each employee at SCI is empowered to make a difference every day. Our people find success through their desire to discover new strengths, learn new skills, and gain unique experiences. With a balanced compensation portfolio, we encourage our people to lead with agility and strive for excellence.
SCI is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates with disabilities taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
We thank all candidates for applying, however, only successful candidates will be contacted for an interview.