Shift: Monday – Thursday 6:00 pm – 4:30 am (Week Night shift)
Our people make us even better, which is why we want you to be a part of our fast growing organization. SCI recognizes that having a great team is the key to success, which is why we attract and retain the right people with an employee experience that focuses on building trust, embracing change, and achieving our goals together. Any one of our 3000 industry experts will tell you that we take on some of Canada’s toughest service and logistic challenges in specialized transportation, technical services, and supply chain management. For 30 years, our proficient planning and flexible solutions have brought us top tier clients. With clear focus, operational excellence, and future growth at the core of our operation, we apply out-of-the-box thinking to deliver exceptional experiences that take our clients to the next level. Are you ready for your next challenge?
Role: Lead functional group to achieve daily SLA’s and operational objectives
What success looks like:
· Maximize productivity by effectively allocating available resources to successfully process the daily shift work volume
· Drive performance management to align with the operations budget and provide coaching and corrective action to close gaps
· Effectively communicate all pertinent information regarding process changes, goals and objectives and operational results to employees through daily shift meetings
· Assist in the planning of manpower and scheduling of work to meet customer requirements
· Identify areas of concern impacting performance and/or areas for potential improvements
· Comprehend and administer all relevant policies and procedures in a fair and consistent manner
· Resolve employee relation concerns in a timely manner and escalate when required
· Provide hands on direction of all activities to ensure customer and corporate requirements are met
· Adhere to SCI Logistics’ Productivity Standard Quality Principles and Account specific Standard Operating Procedures
· Use of SAP, Kronos, Dematic IQ, GLS and other related systems to manage operations, inventory management, and employee-related data
· Participate in decision-making processes involving warehouse issues
· Adhere to all Health and Safety practices and ensure employee are following all related policies and procedures
· Work cohesively with the entire Management team to ensure strategic objectives are achieved
· Other duties as assigned by Management
What you bring to the role:
· Minimum of 3 years previous experience in a fast paced, logistics environment
· Post-secondary education and/or a combination of relevant experience and education
· Demonstrated leadership experience with the ability to train and enhance the skill levels of team members including setting goals, objectives and measuring performance
· Thorough knowledge of third party logistics services and processes
· Excellent interpersonal and communication skills including written communication skills
· Proficiency using Microsoft office applications
· You manage your time and priorities effectively in fast-paced, flexible environment
· You are adaptable in your approach and prioritize with focus on what adds value to the client
· Recent and relevant warehouse management support experience and report generation experience in a distribution environment
· Positive attitude, flexible and adaptable, high energy and self-motivated
Working at SCI:
First and foremost, at SCI, we are committed to creating a safe and healthy work environment, which is why we support our people with programs that serve the health and wellness of everyone. We also recognize that business moves quickly, and we strongly believe that success in our fast-paced environment is defined by the achievements of all our employees. We pride ourselves in the collaborative approach we apply to our work, and with a flat organizational structure, each employee at SCI is empowered to make a difference every day. Our people find success through their desire to discover new strengths, learn new skills, and gain unique experiences. With a balanced compensation portfolio, we encourage our people to lead with agility and strive for excellence.
SCI is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates with disabilities taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
We thank all candidates for applying, however, only successful candidates will be contacted for an interview.