North York, ON
Progistix-Solutions Inc., an SCI Company, is a recognized leader in the design and operation of world-class field service logistics networks. For over 30 years, SCI has been making its clients’ businesses even better by expertly planning & managing their supply chain & logistics requirements. SCI manages over $1 billion in inventory every day for Retail, Technology & Healthcare customers.
The Director of Operations, reporting to the General Manager, is responsible for managing the day to day operations of the Wire-line Fulfillment department of the North York facility.
In THE ROLE you will:
- Direct, manage, lead, coach and develop a team in a unionized warehouse environment.
- Responsible for ensuring that all business Client Satisfaction Measures, Service Level Agreements and Key Performance Indicators are met.
- Drive and support the Safety 1st culture
- Be responsible for ensuring that processes and changes are effectively deployed within budget to ensure continuity of operational performance and client satisfaction.
- Be a Continuous Improvement leader, driving key initiatives to meet and exceed targets
- Lead your team in successful performance management programs in order to build and uphold an employee and company culture that aligns with SCI Guiding Principles.
- Ensure company policies are communicated, applied, and upheld by all team members.
- Establish and optimize operation strategies, based on service level requirements and cost-effectiveness
- Support Company objectives as related to safety, production, quality, personnel, equipment & facility maintenance, shipping/receiving and continuous improvement.
- Monitor production areas on a regular basis to identify, troubleshoot and resolve process failures, scrap generation & equipment downtime
- Ensure timely completion of assigned tactical projects in support of strategic imperatives
- Liaise with other shared services departments within Progistix and SCI.
You will STAND OUT as a candidate and be SUCCESSFUL in this role by:
- Holding yourself accountable for client satisfaction through high quality customer service and work ethic
- Fostering a consistently positive working environment for internal and external customers
- Minimum of five years of experience in leading within a high volume 3rd Party Logistics environment, managing and developing high performance teams
- Leadership experience in an union environment
- Lean manufacturing, visual management and six sigma tools application
- Ability to manage multiple projects and priorities simultaneously to timely completion
- Having solid computer skills and experience with RF technology, Warehouse Management Systems (WMS) and SAP.
- Hands-on operation and optimization skills
- Strong communications and interpersonal skills required
- Ability to operate in fast-paced, results oriented environment
- Having demonstrated the ability to execute results against strategy and meet critical deadlines.
- Possessing the ability to effectively communicate, both oral and written, and interface with internal and external stakeholders at every level
- Keeping a hands-on management approach that encourages change and creative problem solving and demonstrating your experience in performance management
- Utilizing your strong organizational, analytical, problem solving, and decision making skills
- Possessing Post-Secondary education in Logistics, Supply Chain Management or related discipline is preferred.