At SCI our people make us even better, which is why we want you to be a part of our fast growing organization. SCI recognizes that having a great team is the key to success, which is why we attract and retain the right people with an employee experience that focuses on building trust, embracing change, and achieving our goals together. Any one of our 3000 industry experts will tell you that we take on some of Canada’s toughest service and logistic challenges in specialized transportation, technical services, and supply chain management. For 30 years, our proficient planning and flexible solutions have brought us top tier clients. With clear focus, operational excellence, and future growth at the core of our operation, we apply out-of-the-box thinking to deliver exceptional experiences that take our clients to the next level. Are you ready for your next challenge?
The Billing Supervisor will be a valuable member in contributing to SCI’s future. Supporting the Manager, Billing Administration this individual will be leading a group of Billing and Payable Coordinators to meet customer/vendor requirements in conjunction with billing and payable timelines. The key accountabilities for this position include leadership, communication, developing people, planning and decision making to continuously improve standard operating procedures. Lastly, as a member of our core team, the right person for the role will be a leading example of our culture.
What success looks like:
- Your business partners are excited to collaborate with you! You support one another as a team and work together, leveraging everyone’s strengths.
- You are depended on to see your commitments through and with good intentions.
- The duties and tasks supported by your role continuously improve with increased quality and fast speed to market.
- You train, support, develop and coach team members to ensure customer & business requirements are met
- You maximize productivity by effectively allocating and available resources to successfully process the daily work volume
- You understand and administer all relevant policies and procedures in a fair & consistent manner
- You communicate job expectations, resolve employee relations issues in a timely manner and escalate when required
- You ensure 100% adherence to SCI’s Quality principles, Health and Safety practices, and customer-specific standard operating procedures
- You identify areas of improvement and respond with appropriate adjustments to existing procedures and practices
- You participate and direct team member involvement in continuous improvement projects and other initiatives
- You communicate and coordinate activities with other departments and act as escalation point for problem resolution
- You prepare monthly accrual and invoicing reports for internal and external client use
- You participate in billing/payable coordinator processes, included but not limited to:
- Prepare and submit invoices utilizing TMW and Synergize scanning system
- Audit carrier invoices and work with carriers as required to resolve invoice issues
- Create and distribute billing measurement reports
- Coding of related carrier invoices for payment and ensuring balanced against orders
- Ensure customer follow up including POD requests are provided in a timely manner
- Resolve problems regarding billing and account collections via correspondence, telephone or by E-mail with clients, ensure on-time retrieval of paperwork and communication of any unresolved issues to supervisor
- You demonstrate SCI Core Values: Innovation, Teamwork Founded on Open & Honest Communication, Accountability for Excellence in Results
What you bring to the role:
- 2-3 years of transportation billing experience – preferably in an hourly/CWT mix model
- 5+ years of experience in a supervisor role
- When making decisions, you consider everyone and engage those who can add value to the process.
- You are adaptable in your approach and prioritize with focus on what adds value to the client.
- Highly organized, self-directed, and the ability to work in a high volume, fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Positive attitude, ability to learn on the go and take initiative
- Must have ability to work with numbers quickly & accurately and be able to focus on tasks for extended periods of time with attention to detail
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills (pivot tables, filters etc.)
- Communicate effectively and professionally, both written and verbally
- Proven ability to create, manage and maintain strong customer/vendor relationships
- Post-secondary education and/or a combination of relevant experience and education
Who you are:
- You have the courage to think differently about how things get done to continuously improve and deliver even better results every day.
- The safety, health, and well-being of yourself and your team, is your first priority.
- Providing exceptional service is your passion.
- You uphold your commitments and make decisions with everyone in mind.
- You are energized by collaborating in a team environment, and enjoy supporting others to find success.
- You embrace new things, are open to different perspectives, and adapt quickly to an evolving environment.
- Acknowledges and appreciates others and their contributions.
Working at SCI:
First and foremost, at SCI, we are committed to creating a safe and healthy work environment, which is why we support our people with programs that serve the health and wellness of everyone. We also recognize that business moves quickly, and we strongly believe that success in our fast-paced environment is defined by the achievements of all our employees. We pride ourselves in the collaborative approach we apply to our work, and with a flat organizational structure, each employee at SCI is empowered to make a difference every day. Our people find success through their desire to discover new strengths, learn new skills, and gain unique experiences. With a balanced compensation portfolio, we encourage our people to lead with agility and strive for excellence.
SCI is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates with disabilities taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
We thank all candidates for applying, however, only successful candidates will be contacted for an interview.