*SCI is a fast-growing organization, which is why we are seeking your specialized knowledge and expertise to achieve our high-priority goals. We recognize that having a great team is the key to success, so we attract and retain the right people with an experience that focuses on building trust, embracing change, and achieving our goals together. Any one of our 3000 industry experts will tell you that we take on some of Canada’s toughest service and logistic challenges in specialized transportation, technical services, and supply chain management. For 30 years, our proficient planning and flexible solutions have brought us top tier clients. With clear focus, operational excellence, and future growth at the core of our operation, we apply out-of-the-box thinking to deliver exceptional experiences that take our clients to the next level. Are you ready for your next challenge?
The Payroll Administrator will provide their high-valued experience and expertise to support SCI’s continued growth. This individual will be responsible for providing accurate and timely payroll processing, performing various clerical and accounting tasks, such as data management, as well as keeping employee information up to date. The Payroll Administrator will be a member of the Total Rewards and Corporate Services team, providing support to other roles within the department as required. Furthermore, the successful candidate for this position will learn and obtain hands-on HRIS and payroll experience, knowledge of business requirements, including the uniqueness of union rules, and exposure to the Total Rewards and HRIS functions.
What does success look like?
- Your teammates and customers are excited to collaborate with you! You leverage your knowledge and industry experience to support the company in achieving their strategic goals.
- You are accountable for seeing your commitments through and with good intention.
- You are depended on to offer recommendations that add value to the business and are based on proven industry experience.
- You understand and navigate internal processes and systems quickly and with ease.
- You will process multiple payrolls and employee transactions, including new hire, termination, and status changes by performing data entry into SAP HR.
- Ensure that payroll files are validated, that site HR representatives have validated employee timesheets, and that errors are reported and resolved in a timely manner.
- Reconcile and process bi-weekly and monthly cheque requests.
- Maintain hourly employee vacation tracking log on a timely manner.
- Maintain digital and physical employee files as related to payroll and employee benefits.
- Assist in various payroll audits by locating and preparing paperwork as requested.
- Actively participate in continuous improvement initiatives by consistently reviewing current processes and practices to identify opportunities to improve efficiency and effectiveness.
- Perform other administrative duties as assigned.
What you bring to the role:
- Canadian Payroll designation or working towards completion.
- You have a minimum 1 to 3 years work experience in a payroll department required.
- Demonstrated knowledge of payroll and payroll tax laws required.
- You hold yourself accountable for the on-time and quality achievement of deliverables.
- When making decisions, you consider the impact it will have on those affected by it.
- You are adaptable in your approach and prioritize with focus on what adds value to the client/circumstance.
- Working knowledge of SAP HR preferred.
- You are computer literate, including working knowledge of MS Word, Excel and e-mail required.
Who you are:
- You take ownership and responsibility for the actions and decisions you make.
- You have the courage to think differently about how things get done every day to continuously improve and deliver even better results.
- When challenges come your way, you think differently and find new ways to solve old problems.
- You are not afraid to ‘step outside of the box’ and challenge the status quo where valuable.
- Providing exceptional service is your passion.
- Safety, health, and well-being is your first priority.
- You have highly developed interpersonal and collaboration skills with a track record of working well in a team environment.
- You are able to exercise full discretion and confidentiality with information in an ethical and professional manner.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written, with the ability to effectively communicate with internal and external customers.
- You have excellent time management skills and are able to prioritize what is important from what is urgent.
*Working at SCI:
We encourage the success of every one of our teammates, which is why we offer a competitive portfolio that recognizes hard work and contributions of our partners. We are also committed to creating a safe and healthy environment, and support that through our many programs! To top it off, our continuous improvement mindset creates an environment that allows our partners to contribute to opportunities that add value to our clients.
_SCI is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates with disabilities taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
We thank all candidates for applying, however, only successful candidates will be contacted for an interview.