Position: Millwright (Facilities Equipment Technician)
Location: 233 Madill Blvd., Mississauga, ON
Shift: Across all shifts
Reporting to: Maintenance Team Leader
Role: To diagnose problems and implement solutions, perform preventative maintenance work, utilize a number of tools and have an understanding of a variety of utility systems for a warehouse fulfilment center with a focus on conveyor systems.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Perform general maintenance and repairs (including mechanical, electrical, and plumbing).
- Conduct regular inspections and troubleshoot systems and components as required in the warehouse with minimum downtime.
- Conduct regularly assigned preventative maintenance, thorough inspections of mechanical and electrical systems including conveyor systems, air compressor systems, lighting, and racking.
- Should be versed with pipe cutting, bending and threading equipment, have a good understanding of pumps, valves and applications.
- Must have knowledge of pneumatic and hydraulic systems and installations, power transmission systems, chains, belts, gear drives, speed reducers and pulley ratios
- Minor plumbing, general repairs and Material Handling Equipment including battery watering & maintenance.
- Must be able to read mechanical blue prints, do some arc and gas welding as well as cutting with a torch.
- Liaise with contractors as required.
- Maintain a safe working environment with good housekeeping.
- Perform any and all other assignments from time to time as management directs.
- High School diploma or equivalent education
- Valid Millwright license (433A) with relevant experience
- Pneumatic licenses for air/hydraulics/machinery operator (all)/welding an asset
- Demonstrated experience with electrical work (up to 600 volt)
- Demonstrated experience working in a fast-paced warehouse environment, continually adapting to change and ability to work under pressure
- Valid MHE licenses for Order Picker, Reach Truck, Dock Stocker, Walkie and Sky Jack
- Familiarity and conformance with legislated requirements of the OHSA
- Effective interpersonal, communication skills, time management and organizational skills
- Ability to work a flexible schedule and overtime if required
- Proficient with Microsoft Office
- Must be able to work in a variety of physical positions, including sitting, standing for long periods, and walking
- Ability to lift up to 50lbs on a continual basis
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $35.00 /hour