At SCI our people make us even better, which is why we want you to be a part of our fast growing organization. SCI recognizes that having a great team is the key to success, which is why we attract and retain the right people with an employee experience that focuses on building trust, embracing change, and achieving our goals together. Any one of our 3000 industry experts will tell you that we take on some of Canada’s toughest service and logistic challenges in specialized transportation, technical services, and supply chain management. For 30 years, our proficient planning and flexible solutions have brought us top tier clients. With clear focus, operational excellence, and future growth at the core of our operation, we apply out-of-the-box thinking to deliver exceptional experiences that take our clients to the next level. Are you ready for your next challenge?
In support of the effective and efficient operations, the Operations Support Coordinator is responsible for providing systems, quality and inventory support to Operations.
Through the application of systems expertise, the Operations Support Coordinator supports a number of key processes from pick strategies, warehouse layout, and productivity measurements to inventory/quality practices as well as assisting the functional leads in troubleshooting, analyzing and resolving process and system failures. In addition the Operations Support Coordinator coordinates cross functional system testing for changes or upgrades to the operational systems.
What success looks like:
- Troubleshoots and conducts root-cause analysis of issues and errors related to order statuses, system interfaces, Warehouse Operations (e.g. back orders, failed orders, putaway errors, waving errors)
- Creates reports and charts that focus on warehouse configuration, velocity study, workforce performance, and warehouse behavior analysis; (e.g. slotting, bin utilization, inventory accuracy; picking analysis; replenishment)
- Gathers and provides support documentation for client issues. (e.g. Jira tickets, vendor exception, inventory balance files, VL10A)
- Analyzes business procedures and problems to develop specifications and convert them to applicable SOPs (e.g. outbound SOPs, dropdowns)
- Cross train and provide back up for other Operations Support functions
- Coordinates cross functional system testing for changes or upgrades to the operational systems
- Participate in all administrative and operational functions as directed by the Operations Team Lead/Director
- Assist and communicate with Clients to ensure that inquiries and communications are responded to
- Conduct/Reconcile inventory cycle counts in Central Stock and Ship Order Racking
- Key contact for all SCI and Client IT related requirements
- Assist the Team Leads and Operations Manager with respect to manpower planning
- Manage Operation Productivity Metrics and Quality Reporting
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Operations Manager/Director/Team Lead
What you bring to the role:
- Demonstrated leadership capabilities and looking to advance to a Business Analyst role
- Willing to take on projects and expand skill set
- Must be flexible with shift timings when required
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills including written communication skills (process documentation experience an asset)
- Ability to analyze, plan, organize and prioritize effectively
- Thorough knowledge of third party logistics services and processes
- Proficiency using Microsoft office applications
- Post-secondary education and/or a combination of relevant experience and education
- Recent and relevant SAP warehouse management support experience and report generation experience using SAP/BW in a distribution environment. The successful applicant will have a Minimum of 1-2 years logistics industry and management supervisory experience. An excellent knowledge of third party logistics would be a definite asset
Who you are:
- You have the courage to think differently about how things get done every day to continuously improve and deliver even better results.
- The safety, health, and well-being of yourself and your team, is your first priority.
- Providing exceptional service is your passion.
- You uphold your commitments and make decisions with everyone in mind.
- You are energized by collaborating in a team environment, and enjoy supporting others to find success
- You embrace new things, are open to different perspectives, and adapt quickly to an evolving environment.
- You maintain confidence during difficult times, and can adapt with ease to changing priorities.
- You have exceptional organizational, administrative, and self-management abilities, as well as a strong attention to detail.
- You have excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
Working at SCI
First and foremost, at SCI, we are committed to creating a safe and healthy work environment, which is why we support our people with programs that serve the health and wellness of everyone. We also recognize that business moves quickly, and we strongly believe that success in our fast-paced environment is defined by the achievements of all our employees. We pride ourselves in the collaborative approach we apply to our work, and with a flat organizational structure, each employee at SCI is empowered to make a difference every day. Our people find success through their desire to discover new strengths, learn new skills, and gain unique experiences. With a balanced compensation portfolio, we encourage our people to lead with agility and strive for excellence.
SCI is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates with disabilities taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
We thank all candidates for applying, however, only successful candidates will be contacted for an interview.