Millcreek Drive, Mississauga, ON
At SCI our people make us even better, which is why we want you to be a part of our fast growing organization. SCI recognizes that having a great team is the key to success, which is why we attract and retain the right people with an employee experience that focuses on building trust, embracing change, and achieving our goals together. Any one of our 3000 industry experts will tell you that we take on some of Canada’s toughest service and logistic challenges in specialized transportation, technical services, and supply chain management. For 30 years, our proficient planning and flexible solutions have brought us top tier clients. With clear focus, operational excellence, and future growth at the core of our operation, we apply out-of-the-box thinking to deliver exceptional experiences that take our clients to the next level. Are you ready for your next challenge?
The Operations Support Coordinator will be a valuable member in contributing to SCI’s future. Supporting the Operations Manager, this individual will use their strong planning, organization, and analytical skills to ensure daily Service Level Agreements (SLA’s) are met. This role will also involve overseeing the completion of special projects, communicating with clients, and leading daily/weekly operational calls. The successful candidate must be available to work flexible hours, and participate in picking, shipping, and receiving processes when required. Lastly, as a member of our core team, the right person for the role will be a leading example of our culture.
- Your business partners are excited to collaborate with you! You support one another as a team and work together, leveraging everyone’s strengths.
- You are depended on to see your commitments through and with good intentions.
- The duties and tasks supported by your role continuously improve with increased quality and fast speed to market.
- You will oversee all transfer shipments, including responsibility for order entry, accuracy validation, and arrangement of transportation.
- Oversee and lead the day-to-day fulfillment for all clients, including scheduling of overtime.
- Oversee and lead the Receiving Team and Kitting Department, ensuring daily SLA requirements are met.
- You will lead daily/weekly calls with the Production team on business-to-business orders for Kitting.
- Communicate directly with clients to improve on current processes and build better customer experiences.
- Participate in all administrative and operational functions as directed by the Operations Manager, including maintaining and organizing records.
- You will participate actively in continuous improvement (CI) initiatives.
- Schedule, review, and approve time sheets in Kronos in an efficient manner.
- You will mentor and coach team members to support their personal and professional development.
- Encourage open and clear communication between office and warehouse team members.
- You will assist the Operations Manager in developing staffing plans.
- You will collaborate with Client, Office, and Warehouse teams to resolve customer service tickets within the required SLA.
What you bring to the role:
- Previous experience in a fast-paced environment, preferably in third party logistics (3PL) or a Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP).
- Good working knowledge of Warehouse Management Systems in a Radio-Frequency (RF) environment.
- Experience using SAP is an asset.
- You work through problems logically with a solutions-focused approach.
- You are an initiative-taker, who thinks proactively to continuously improve operations.
- You uphold yourself to the highest ethical standards in all activities undertaken.
- You are an extremely organized individual capable of multi-tasking in dynamic environments.
- When making decisions, you consider everyone and engage those who can add value to the process.
- You are adaptable in your approach and prioritize with focus on what adds value to the client.
- You have excellent PC skills, including Microsoft Access, Excel, and Word.
Who you are:
- You have the courage to think differently about how things get done to continuously improve and deliver even better results every day.
- The safety, health, and well-being of yourself and your team, is your first priority.
- Providing exceptional service is your passion.
- You uphold your commitments and make decisions with everyone in mind.
- You are energized by collaborating in a team environment, and enjoy supporting others to find success
- You embrace new things, are open to different perspectives, and adapt quickly to an evolving environment.
- You have excellent verbal and written communication skills, and are capable of working effectively with all levels of an organization, from warehouse team members to senior management.
- You maintain focus, an open mind, and a positive perspective in times of change.
- You have an energetic attitude and strive to celebrate personal and team achievements every day.
First and foremost, at SCI, we are committed to creating a safe and healthy work environment, which is why we support our people with programs that serve the health and wellness of everyone. We also recognize that business moves quickly, and we strongly believe that success in our fast-paced environment is defined by the achievements of all our employees. We pride ourselves in the collaborative approach we apply to our work, and with a flat organizational structure, each employee at SCI is empowered to make a difference every day. Our people find success through their desire to discover new strengths, learn new skills, and gain unique experiences. With a balanced compensation portfolio, we encourage our people to lead with agility and strive for excellence.
SCI is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates with disabilities taking part in all aspects of the selection process. We thank all candidates for applying, however, only successful candidates will be contacted for an interview.