*SCI our people make us even better, which is why we want you to be a part of our fast growing organization. SCI recognizes that having a great team is the key to success, which is why we attract and retain the right people with an employee experience that focuses on building trust, embracing change, and achieving our goals together. Any one of our 3000 industry experts will tell you that we take on some of Canada’s toughest service and logistic challenges in specialized transportation, technical services, and supply chain management. For 30 years, our proficient planning and flexible solutions have brought us top tier clients. With clear focus, operational excellence, and future growth at the core of our operation, we apply out-of-the-box thinking to deliver exceptional experiences that take our clients to the next level. Are you ready for your next challenge?
The Account Manager will be a valuable member in contributing to SCI’s future. This individual will participate in the management of operations and client relationships in the Retail Vertical Space. This role will also involve liaising between customers and cross-function internal teams to ensure the timely and successful delivery of our deliverable’s according to customer needs. Lastly, as a member of our core team, the right person for the role will be a leading example of our culture.
What success looks like:
- Your business partners are excited to collaborate with you! You support one another as a team and work together, leveraging everyone’s strengths.
- You are depended on to see your commitments through and with good intentions.
- The duties and tasks supported by your role continuously improve with increased quality and fast speed to market.
- Collaborate with the operations team to ensure efficient and effective coordination of operational changes, as well as minimize impact on business processes.
- Ensure the timely and successful delivery of solutions according to customer needs and objectives.
- You will counsel operations team on the development of intake proposals, as well as assist in operational planning against budgeted commitments.
- Work with operations team to forecast future skill needs to acquire and develop a workforce with the appropriate mix of business knowledge, technical skills, and competencies.
- You will provide leadership, coaching, and direction as it pertains to policies and procedures.
- You will manage the content of the Monthly and Quarterly Business Reviews working with internal partners to ensure professional quality documents are delivered to the client.
- Build and maintain relationships with the client to develop a clear understanding of the business’ needs, ensuring cost-effective delivery of services.
- Be an advocate of the client balancing the current and future needs of the client and contractual commitments of SCI.
- Achieve objectives through collaboration and influencing rather than directives.
What you bring to the role:
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field.
- 5-8 years’ Client/Vendor Relationship Management experience
- 3-5 years’ experience in an omni-channel retail/supply chain environment.
- Experience applying conflict resolution techniques to prevent and mitigate issues.
- Experience working effectively and collaboratively with employees at all levels/areas of the organization.
- Strong business acumen and knowledge of business concepts, including strategy development and financial analysis.
- You align team members through clear articulation of direction and expectations.
- You deliver on accountabilities through a reasonable appropriation of time and resources.
- You apply critical thinking and analytical skills when problem solving.
- You utilize tools and processes effectively to support people and business operations.
- You can build professional business cases and present them to gain support and approval from internal and external stakeholders
- When making decisions, you consider everyone and engage those who can add value to the process.
- You are adaptable in your approach and prioritize with focus on what adds value to the client.
Who you are:
- You have the courage to think differently about how things get done to continuously improve and deliver even better results every day.
- The safety, health, and well-being of yourself and your team, is your first priority.
- Providing exceptional service is your passion.
- You uphold your commitments and make decisions with everyone in mind.
- You are energized by collaborating in a team environment, and enjoy supporting others to find success
- You embrace new things, are open to different perspectives, and adapt quickly to an evolving environment.
- You are a strong leader capable of motivating and energizing team members in high-pressure, dynamic environments.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work and communicate effectively at all levels of an organization.
- You have strong internal/external customer-service skills, and use a consultative approach when interacting with clients.
- You maintain composure during difficult times and can translate ambiguity into action.
- You have outstanding communication and presentation skills, and can articulate competitive differentiation.
- You understand the nuances of diplomacy and negotiation
Working at SCI:
First and foremost, at SCI, we are committed to creating a safe and healthy work environment, which is why we support our people with programs that serve the health and wellness of everyone. We also recognize that business moves quickly, and we strongly believe that success in our fast-paced environment is defined by the achievements of all our employees. We pride ourselves in the collaborative approach we apply to our work, and with a flat organizational structure, each employee at SCI is empowered to make a difference every day. Our people find success through their desire to discover new strengths, learn new skills, and gain unique experiences. With a balanced compensation portfolio, we encourage our people to lead with agility and strive for excellence.
SCI is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates with disabilities taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
We thank all candidates for applying, however, only successful candidates will be contacted for an interview.